⚙️Chapter 41⚙️

"Y'know what? I'm going home..." Y/n muttered as she stood beside Takemichi and Mikey, all three of them stiff.

"There's nothing to be scared of...Sure, he has a mean face, but that's nothing. We were gang leaders. This should be nothing..." Mikey muttered.

A weird effect after traveling back in time to when they were younger kids, they seem to have developed that natural instinct and emotions a kid their age would have, that being the nervousness one gets when meeting someone new, especially when that someone is older than you.

Yes, Y/n and Mikey were pretty confident and fearless as kids, but they were worried about screwing up the past as there was no guarantee in being able to fix it.

"Hm? Who are you?" Taiju (9) questioned, staring down at the trio before him.

"U-Uh! Um...I'm Hanagaki Takemichi." The boy introduced himself.

"L/- Rento Y/n." Said girl gave a hesitant grin.

"Sano Manjiro. You can call me Mikey though." The blonde said, slightly scooting behind Y/n.

"Shiba Taiju. If you don't have anything to say, I'll be leaving." The older boy said.

"Wait!" Takemichi exclaimed, making the other boy slightly flinch from how loud he was.

"Yeah?" Taiju sent him a confused and weirded out expression.

"Can I...interest you in an arm wrestling contest? If I win, you're my friend. If you win, then I'm your friend." Y/n grinned.

"The outcome ends up being the same..." The three boys muttered.

"Hm. Rento Y/n. was it? I've heard the name." Taiju rubbed his chin.

"Huh? You have?" Y/n blinked.

'Toman doesn't exist, so he can't know me from that...Maybe he's heard about Homura and Kurai? They have a pretty decent group of followers under their command, I think.' She thought.

"You're the kid that some people have been talking about. The one that's been beating people left and right, specifically those with titles or the ones who mess with the boy, Watanabe Yuki, was it?" Taiju spoke.

"And Sano Manjiro, or Mikey if you prefer, has also been beating up people. Both of you are winning against people older than you." He finished.

"Oh." Y/n and Mikey blinked.

'Huh?! Even now they were winning people in fights?! Not to mention that Taiju-kun just said that they were older too!' Takemichi thought, a shocked expression plastered on his face.

"I'll take you up on the arm wrestling contest, Rento. But, instead of being my friend if I win, you give your life to me." Taiju said.

"Feel free to call me Y/n and okay." Y/n nodded, ignoring the panicked expression on Takemichi's face.

"Let's do it at my house though. I must get going since my younger siblings should be returning from school." Taiju said as he started walking, the trio following behind.

"What are your siblings like, Shiba-kun?" Takemichi asked.

"Taiju is fine. And, they're like any other kids. The youngest is my brother Hakkai and he's kind of a coward and gets quiet around girls who aren't our sister. Our sister is Yuzuha and she's a nice girl and she's always taking care of Hakkai." Taiju spoke.

'Wow. For some reason, I didn't expect him to speak of them in such a way that appears to be fondness. Well, he did say he cared about his "dear siblings", but he wasn't a good brother in the other timeline, so I didn't believe it too much.' Y/n thought.