🕳Chapter 34🕳

~July 26~

"You seriously want to put Kisaki in Toman?!" Draken exclaimed.

All of Toman's higher-ups gathered for a meeting at a local restaurant, and boy, what Mikey proposed had ticked some of them off, especially with how he appeared to fully believe they'd wholeheartedly agree with him.

"Yes." Mikey simply nodded.

"I don't approve. I don't like that guy. He seems to have some hidden motives." Draken furrowed his brows.

"I don't agree either. This isn't like you, Mikey." Mitsuya said.

Unlike those two, Smiley said, "I agree with Mikey."

"Me too. I think he's the kinda guy we need to grow Toman." Mucho nodded.

"Mikey...don't let Kisaki in! That guy isn't someone we can trust." Baji narrowed his eyes.

Y/n stayed silent, and her eye twitched as she felt a sharp pain in her head.

"He's useful to us. In fact, he's the only reason that we can free Pah-chin." Mikey explained, hoping to change the minds of those opposed to the idea.

This, however, further made them opposed to the proposal. Draken grit his teeth and abruptly stood, slamming his hands on the table and startling a few of the others.

"Is that the reason? In that case, I'm even more against it. We didn't form this gang to do that sort of dirty trick! If you try to do anything about Pah, I'm leaving you!" Draken turned and stomped off.

Mitsuya stood and turned his head to the leader.

"Mikey. I don't think Pah would like this either."

Then, he left to catch up with Draken.

Y/n kept her eyes on the table before sensing a piercing stare, so she looked up and met Mikey's blank expression. Just by looking at his eyes, she could tell that he wasn't pleased, especially since she didn't attempt to stop the discussion from escalating.

Y/n stood and left the building, Mikey following behind her. They silently walked down the sidewalk before stopping at the railing of a bridge.

"Y/n. What do you think? What's your opinion on Kisaki?" Mikey asked.

"Hmm...It's your decision, so my opinion doesn't matter. But...there's something tugging at my heart and swarming my mind, but I don't know what it is. Kisaki's proposition is weird and I don't think we should let Pah out of jail, mostly for his sake. There's also something familiar about Kisaki...I feel as if I know him, but I don't recall ever meeting him. I'm probably crazy." Y/n spoke as Mikey silently listened.

"I see...You too then, right?" Mikey said.

Y/n glanced at him with a raised brow, motioning for him to continue.

"You feel something dark inside your heart. It grows within you and when it comes out, you can't do anything but destroy everything. You feel that too, don't you, Y/n?" Mikey turned to her.

Y/n's expression was blank as she didn't reply. Then, she nodded.

-----

~October 31, 2005~

As Y/n stayed with Baji, applying pressure to his bleeding wound, she watched as Mikey punched Kazutora. Her eyes slightly grew as her pupils vanished and her eyes turned white, a scratchy feeling in her throat as she seemed to suffocate, yet the feeling was practically calling for her to thrive in the surrounding darkness, to destroy everything until there was nothing.