🕳Chapter 24🕳

"We'd like it if you considered working for us. You don't even have to follow strict rules. The only thing we need is for you to take care of some people and make sure they repay us. We'll also like your protection. Luckily for you, 50% of the profit will go to you." A man smiled.

He wore a suit and had expensive jewelry, sitting in his fancy office. In front of him sat a girl, staring at him while resting her head on her hands. Beside that girl stood a male with a stoic expression.

"Hmm. I guess I'm willing to accept your offer." The girl said.

"However, if I find out about any sort of betrayal or one of you does something I don't like, I'll kill you." She glared.

"Y-Yes, of course! We wouldn't think of such a thing!" The old man panicked.

"Since you accepted, here. This is a sign to complete the offer." He said, placing a suitcase on the table.

The girl looked at the suitcase and motioned for the man to open it, which he obeyed. Once the suitcase was opened, inside were stacks of cash and expensive jewelry. The girl stared at it, caressing her finger on one of the items. Then, she stood up and motioned for her associate to take the suitcase.

"We'll be leaving now. You have my contact information. Make sure you don't call me for something foolish." She said, walking out as her associate followed, bringing the suitcase.

"Yes, I promise! And thank you. I hope we have a good time working together." The old man bowed.

When the girl and her associate stepped out of the large building, into an alleyway, the girl stopped walking as she looked at the sky with narrowed her eyes, her right hand twitching.

"That geezer was ugly." She suddenly said.

The male behind her laughed.

"You never fail to bore me." He said, staring at the girl in front of him.

"Did you hear about the battle coming up? Are you going to join? After all, they want all 4 deities there." He asked.

"I don't know. I don't have any interest in it. I could care less about Brahman, Rokuhara Tandai, or the Kantou Manji Gang." The girl said.

"I would recommend that you go. But, it's your choice, Y/n."

"I'll think about it then, Izana. After all, I get to see some people that I used to know."

The girl continued walking, her eyes staring forward. Slowly, her lips tugged down as a vein popped out from the side of her face. Something clearly isn't going as she wanted. The fact that it got a reaction out of her made it even more clear that she was upset.

-----

Y/n sat on the roof ledge, looking at everything below as she munched on one of her many snacks.

"Hey, Y/n. We just found some traitors." A voice called out as footsteps were heard behind her.

"Get rid of them." Y/n replied, not turning back.

"Y/n, do you want to hang out?" Another voice asked.

"No."

"Why're you so mean?" The person pouted as the male next to him rolled his eyes.

"Go take care of the traitors, Kurai, Homura." Y/n said, finally looking back at them.

Her e/c eyes met with their identical e/c eyes.

"Whatever you say, boss!" Homura grinned as he eagerly left with Kurai following behind him.

Y/n looked back at the view before humming and standing up, turning to walk back inside. She walked down the stairs and on the bottom floor, she saw her most trusted associate.