🕳Chapter 29🕳

Y/n and Homura stood outside the room, the doors closing behind them. Their eyes were wide as they stayed silent, staring ahead at nothing. They stayed like that for a few minutes before someone said something.

"Let's go. We have no time to dwell on the past." Y/n said, stuffing her hands in her pockets as she started walking.

"You're right. Thanks for snapping me out of it." Homura said as he hurried to Y/n's side.

"Y/n."

"What is it?"

"Have you had a dream? Do you have a dream right now? For the future, I mean."

Taken aback by his question, the girl was silent as she thought of a way to respond, but found no good answer.

"I...don't know. I guess I had one, but it's not possible anymore. Since then, I've never really thought about it because I was never sure." Y/n hesitantly replied, squinting her eyes as she stared forward.

"Really? That sucks."

Y/n rose a brow as she glanced at Homura who was looking forward with a blank expression. Then, she flinched and quickly brought her hands to grip Homura's arm tightly, which were suddenly placed on her shoulders.

"What are you doing?" Y/n blinked in confusion.

"I have decided! If you ever have a dream... something you really want to do...I'll help you!" Homura grinned.

"Umm...Okay? What about you?" Y/n asked as Homura took his hands off her shoulders and turned his back to her.

"Me?" Homura hummed.

"I'm happy to help you. As long as you're happy, I'll be happy too. Plus, you'll help me too, right? Because you care about me and love me?" Homura turned his head to Y/n, smiling.

"Yeah..." Y/n muttered, staring at Homura, stunned. "I'll help you too."

"Promise?"

"Promise..."

-----

It was finally September 9th, the day of the final battle.

"Let's go!" Y/n and Mikey said, glancing back at the gang.

They walked ahead, Izana and Sanzu behind, Koko, Ran, Homura, and Rindou behind them, the rest of the gang following. Soon, both gangs arrived at a railroad area and stared down at each other as the area was enveloped with a tense atmosphere.

"Y/n...Mikey-kun..." Takemichi muttered as he stood in front of his group, staring at both leaders of the opposing gang.

"500 of Bonten vs 50 of Tokyo Manji...When you look at it that way, the difference is overwhelming." Chifuyu said.

"We're probably gonna get our asses beat." Draken said.

"Hmph. Aren't we all used to this?" Takemichi said.

"More like you're used to it." Baji grinned.

He still felt tense and awkward upon seeing Y/n, remembering the conversation they had at the hospital. As he shifted his eyes to her, he could see that she was looking up at the sky with a bored expression.

That's it. This is all child's play for her, something she doesn't care about because she deems it unnecessary and unimportant. That thought alone made Baji furrow his brows as his fists tightened.

"Takemitchy, I'll beat up 10 guys, and then I'll deal with Mochi." Chifuyu said.

"I also got someone that I have to kill. Haitani Ran! The guy who crushed Taka-chan's head!" Hakkai said, unwilling to forgive the man.