⌛️Chapter 50⌛️

Y/n, now 16, kept her hands in her pockets as she walked down the sidewalk, the wires from her earbuds hanging down her chest as she bopped her head at the tune in her ears.

"Hey, Y/n." A voice beside her said.

Since she only had one bud in her ear, she heard the voice and hummed, glancing at the person beside her and motioning for them to continue.

"Why'd you decide to keep fighting even after Toman was disbanded? I thought you were finally going to focus on your future career." Emma said, pure curiosity visible on her face.

Even with that curiosity, Y/n noticed a hint of worry from the girl, so she smiled and patted her head.

"It's fine, Emma. I'm doing this to protect you and everyone else." Y/n said.

"Huh?" Emma blinked.

"You don't get it now, but I promise that it's not for some stupid reason. That's why I told you this, and you're one of the few in fact. You're someone I decided to trust." Y/n slightly huffed, a grin stretched on her face.

"Hmm...Don't go trying to get yourself killed. I'll kill you myself when we meet again." Emma frowned.

At her words, Y/n laughed and she playfully bumped her shoulder with Emma's.

–––––

"Hey, you're late." A hoarse voice said.

"Yeah, yeah. I came straight from school. Give me a break, will ya'?" Y/n spoke in a sarcastic manner.

After dropping Emma off at her house, Y/n continued to walk, not home, but to an abandoned building that was surrounded by a fence. On the outside, it was clear that the walls were crumbling and that no one had bothered to clean the place up, judging by all the overgrown weeds, broken glass, and littered trash.

The same could not be said on the inside. Yes, it wasn't too fancy, but it was actually quite homey and tidied up. There wasn't a single speck of dust and the room was filled with rows of chairs, a few bean bags in a corner and lying around a table with carpet on the floor. There were shelves around filled with books, board games, and junk that could be used for entertainment. There was even a TV and a box with VCR's sitting aside.

"For a troublemaker, you weirdly care about school, huh." The other person said.

Tanaka Yuu
19 Years Old

"Of course I do!" Y/n huffed as she placed her bag aside, shoving her earbuds inside.

"Well, have you thought more about what we're going to do?" Tanaka asked.

"Hmmm...Not really." Y/n replied, plopping onto a beanbag, her head thrown back as she let out a heavy sigh.

"What you're saying is that you're just gonna do a full-on attack and while we're fighting whatever sort of back-up that man brings, you'll be fighting him?" Tanaka deadpanned.

"I guess so." Y/n shrugged.

"Of course...You can't plan for shit. You're just a reckless brat." Tanaka exhaled, leaning back in his chair as a puff of smoke came out of his mouth.

"And you're just a wheezing geezer." Y/n retorted.

"I'm not that much older than you. Who are you calling a geezer?" Tanaka muttered.

"And I'm not that much younger than you. Who are you calling a brat?" Y/n countered.

"Touché."

"Anyways, you never answered the question I asked that day we met." Y/n said, a blank expression on her face.