🔴Chapter 2🔴

Y/n yawned as she stood in her kitchen, making breakfast. The pleasant aroma entered her nostrils and she felt the heat from the stove on her skin.

"What're you making? Do you need any help?" Hiromi asked as she stood by the table, organizing a few folders into a backpack.

"Fried eggs- yawn -on rice. And no thank you. I'm done anyway." Y/n replied.

"Are you gonna eat? I can serve you already." The young girl turned her head to the older one.

"No thank you, I already had breakfast. Also, I have to go to a meeting, so I'll probably return late." Hiromi smiled apologetically.

"It's fine. Hope it goes well."

"Me too! Bye-bye!" Hiromi waved as she opened the front door to leave.

"Bye-bye" Y/n yawned as she waved to Hiromi, smiling with a tired expression.

-----

Y/n yawned as she arrived at her class and walked to her desk. She sat down but used too much force. Y/n yelped as she fell back onto the ground.

"Ow..." She groaned, rolling to the side.

"You okay?" A voice asked, making Y/n look up as she sat on the floor.

"Oh, Emma! Hi!" Y/n grinned as she stood up and picked up her chair.

"You need to be more careful, Y/n." Emma giggled as she sat on her seat next to her.

Y/n stuck her tongue out and sat down, but winced as she hit her elbow on the desk.

"That's karma for you, miss." Emma stuck her tongue out.

Y/n frowned and tore a piece of paper out of her notebook, crumbling it into a ball and throwing it at the blonde. It hit Emma's head, making her narrow her eyes at Y/n. She grabbed the paper and threw it back, hitting her face. They continued until they heard the class's door open and their teacher walked in.

"Good morning, class. Go ahead and take out a sheet of paper and bring out your textbooks to page..." The teacher began.

-----

"Are you going to the festival?" Emma asked as she and Y/n exited a convenience store after school.

"I don't know. It'll just take time away from stealing Peke J and being with Cat." Y/n said as she bit her ice cream that she held in her left hand. Yes, she bit her ice cream.

"Why do you eat it like that? Doesn't it hurt your teeth?" Emma asked.

"Nope. I use my side teeth." Y/n replied as she bit the chocolate she held in her right hand.

"No, no! That's not how you eat chocolate! You're supposed to break it!" Emma told her.

"But you break it when you bite it? There's no reason to break it." Y/n rose a brow, biting her ice cream and chocolate on purpose to irk Emma.

Then, someone bumped into her and both her snacks fell.

"Huh? Is today a bad day or something?" She groaned, glaring at her fallen food.

"That's what you get for breaking the unspoken law." Emma shrugged her shoulder as she grinned and ate her own chocolate.

"Sorry about that. I should've watched where I was going." The person in front of Y/n apologized.

"Whatever." Y/n frowned as she walked past the stranger, but then her hand was grabbed, making her flinch and look back in surprise.

"Huh? Do you need something?" Y/n asked.