21| Dinner for two

''𝙒𝙖𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙪𝙨.''

𝗗𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿

𝗗𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿. The month of snow and ferociously cold weather. Other then that, it's also the month to celebrate before everything changes for the following year. Teddy came back from Hogwarts to celebrate Christmas. He got to meet Theo, too. 

Theo had been staying with me over the course of time he's been out of the Ministry. And I liked it that way. It wasn't so lonely here anymore with him around. Especially with Teddy at Hogwarts. Theo and Teddy seemed to get along just fine, despite the numerous about of questions that Teddy had been asking. 

But now, here we are, sitting in the dining room of Malfoy Manor. Draco had came back from his trip, just in time to pick-up Scorpius from the station. He invited us over for a Christmas Dinner, which I had happily agreed to. 

Draco was surprised to see Theo again when we arrived. The last thing he had heard about him was that he was at the Ministry and never left. It was nice to see the two embrace after years of not hearing anything. 

With Theo playing go fish with Teddy and Scorpius downstairs and the house elves working in the kitchen, I stood in the second floor, staring out the window. The grounds were covered in snow, long blades of grass barely peeking through the thin coat. Frost had covered the fountain, the water turning to ice.

Without touching the window, I could still tell that it was cold. Covered from top to bottom with decorative ice shards on the outside. Coming from the stairs, I could hear shoes clicking against the solid marble. They grew closer and closer, before completely coming to a stop beside me. 

''Thank you.'' Were Draco's first words. I turned away from the window, facing him with my hands folded at my abdomen. He turned to face me afterwards. ''For getting Theo out of there. We were all worried about him.'' 

I gave him a soft smile. ''Of course.'' I nodded once, turning my gaze down towards the floor and facing back to the window. ''He didn't deserve to be there. He just wanted to help, that's all.'' 

''Do you think...'' Draco trailed off, fixing the end of his sleeves. His usual black suit contrasted in what little sun had been able to shine through the window. ''Do you think that things would've changed if he did get the chance?'' 

Turning back to him, I raised a brow. ''How do you mean?'' 

''If Theo did go back in time, keeping you from ...you know. Would you have ran away? Would you have gone missing for 19 years?'' 

He sadly sighed, looking down to his feet with his eyelids lightly closed over his grey eyes. I couldn't help but think about it, too. If Theo had gone back in time, what would happen to the time I'm in now? I wouldn't be a Werewolf, that's for sure. Would I even have Teddy? Would You-Know-Who still be dead? And as much as I dread thinking about it, would Draco still be with Astoria?