92| High Inquisitor

''𝘿𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙧𝙪𝙥𝙩 𝙢𝙚, 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙞𝙣𝙨𝙪𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙗𝙞𝙩𝙘𝙝.''

𝗙𝗶𝗹𝗰𝗵 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝘂𝗽 𝗼𝗻 𝗮 𝗹𝗮𝗱𝗱𝗲𝗿, 𝗮 𝗵𝗮𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝗻 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝘀 𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗱 𝗮 𝗻𝗮𝗶𝗹 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝗹𝗹

𝗙𝗶𝗹𝗰𝗵 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝘂𝗽 𝗼𝗻 𝗮 𝗹𝗮𝗱𝗱𝗲𝗿, 𝗮 𝗵𝗮𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝗻 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝘀 𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗱 𝗮 𝗻𝗮𝗶𝗹 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝗹𝗹. Once the nail had been stuck into the wall, Filch lifted a frame onto the nail. It now hung there, on the wall outside of The Great Hall for everyone to see. The sign had read,

╒═════════════════════════════╕
Proclamation.
------------------------------------------------------------
Educational Degree 
No. 23
------------------------------------------------------------
DOLORES JANE UMBRIDGE
HAS BEEN 
APPOINTED TO
THE POST OF
HOGWARTS
HIGH
INQUISITOR
╘═════════════════════════════╛

She had been assigned that position by the Ministry, meaning that not even Dumbledore could do anything about it. Speaking of Dumbledore, I'm sure he ditched us all. He hasn't came out of his office ever since Umbridge made herself visible in the corridors of the castle. Maybe he's just doing the smart thing and avoiding her at all costs. The one thing that I know for sure is that Harry really wants to talk to him, which seems a little urgent whenever he can't find the man or catches him a second too late.

Reporters for The Daily Prophet had been asking her questions almost all day, flashing their cameras at her and their quills moving at an alarming rate. I'm sure everyone was watching, especially with the students all standing at the doors. I heard one of them ask what had happened with Dumbledore, Umbridge didn't answer and just smiled. 

Fudge made a statement at the Ministry - which was also in the papers - that Umbridge would be able to change the school because of our 'seriously falling standards'. Ron looked disappointed, along with the twins when they had seen that version of the paper. I could tell why, Percy had been walking next to Fudge when he made that statement. Percy basically left his whole family just for his job, which has started to make me more frustrated then usual. 

Umbridge has been walking around the corridors in her same pink outfit, clipboard and wand in hand as she smugly looks at everyone that passes by. Girls and boys aren't allowed to be within' five feet of each other, which angers me the most due to most of my friends being guys. Not to mention Malfoy, but we don't meet in public, of course. Theo and Blaise have started to write more in the journal we all had, also passing notes in class. 

The Professor's either don't care or don't notice. I'm pretty sure they notice because I remember seeing McGonagall watch Theo write a note before passing it over to me. Over the span of our five years at Hogwarts, she has seen the fondness between the boys and I, especially since we're from two different houses on different sides of the rivalry. She knows the rule about keeping distance between girls and boys, so she allows it in the class. I think Snape had grown quite fond of me too, because he seen the same thing and only gave me a narrowed look. I'd call that progress.