82| The Story of 1983

''𝙏𝙤 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪.''

𝗜𝘁'𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝘄𝗼 𝗱𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝘁𝗮𝘀𝗸

𝗜𝘁'𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝘄𝗼 𝗱𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝘁𝗮𝘀𝗸. Which also seems to be the day that Voldemort had returned. Not just that, but Cedric had passed on and Barty Crouch Jr. had been revealed to be disguised as Alastor Moody the whole time. It just seems that two days ago, would be the worst day of my life. And nothing was going to change that. 

I haven't told anyone about my talk with Barty Crouch Jr., who - surprisingly enough - was basically my adopted father. Though he couldn't look after me for most of my life, he had made sure that he kept track of me through the Daily Prophets that they gave him in the cell. He happened to point out that I was in almost every single picture that they had of Hogwarts, whether it was one of Harry or Dumbledore. Even both. He started to worry if he hadn't seen me in about five papers. 

That was before he had escaped Azkaban, which he didn't tell me how he had done so. My guess would've been something like Sirius had done, but I highly doubted that when it turns out that he wasn't an Animagus. If he was an Animagus, I could imagine him being a weasel, possibly a dingo. 

After I had left the office, I had heard that they brought him back to Azkaban to be locked up until they find a better punishment for him. I didn't want to know what that meant, and I didn't want anything happening to Barty, so I asked Dumbledore if they could keep the punishment to a minimum. Like maybe, cleaning the clothes or watching the dishes, whatever they do in Azkaban. 

I just didn't want him to be lifeless the next time I'd seen him. I've seen enough of that happening this week. 

Dumbledore had gathered everyone in The Great Hall, which wasn't as bright as it usually was. He had brought everyone together to talk about what had happened at the last task, presumably a funeral for Cedric. The tapestries that hung from the ceiling weren't colored, but black with a white 'H' on them. The room wasn't separated by tables, everybody sitting next to either someone from a different house or one of the guest schools. 

I sat down between Ron and Harry, Hermione sitting on the other side of Ron. I wouldn't have came down here if Hermione hadn't dragged me down, but then again, it made me sad to think that I was thinking about not coming here. It's the school mourning for the loss of Cedric, I wouldn't want to miss that so I let Hermione drag me down here after an hour of thinking over my decision. 

Amos was talking with Professor Sprout and Dumbledore before he had left to go back home, them telling Amos how amazing his boy was. I'm sure that didn't really help, but it was nice that they had tried. He had spoken a few words to me before he had left through the Floor Network, I just hoped he was having a better time dealing with this then I currently was. 

Ron noticed my gaze that was settled on the dusty, stone floor, along with my slouched posture. He put a hand in my shoulder, offering a small smile. I wanted to smile back, but I couldn't bring myself to do so. When Ron had looked away, he craned his neck to look over the mass amount of students, as if he was looking for someone.