18| Late Night Punishment

''𝘼𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙤𝙧 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜?''

𝗔𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗺𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗽𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗪𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗹𝗲𝘆 𝗧𝘄𝗶𝗻𝘀

𝗔𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗺𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗽𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗪𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗹𝗲𝘆 𝗧𝘄𝗶𝗻𝘀. Well, it was completely harmless to us, not sure if it was harmless to Filch or Mrs. Norris. But that's besides the point, I met back with Harry, Ron and Hermione, who had told me about everything they found out. They found Nicholas Flamel in a book – well, Hermione did – and found out that he made the Philosopher's Stone, which makes a person immortal. 

Some of the things we could think about was You-Know-Who wanting the stone to come back and kill Harry. Thought, Harry thought that Snape was going to try and steal the stone, only because of the mishap that happened at the Quidditch Game. Harry kept saying that Snape was supposedly working for You-Know-Who. 

Hermione was starting to agree with the two boys with the more evidence they gave. She had to say it – and it painted her to do so – but the boys had a point with this one. You-Know-Who couldn't kill Harry the first time he tried, so he would've came back to finish the job. And he needed the stone to do so, and to keep him alive afterwards. 

As for me, it could be anyone wanting to steal the stone. Anyone would want to be immortal, hell, even I would be. Then again, there is always some side effect of having great things, so becoming immortal could have a number of any side effects. You could become bald, or maybe loose a limb, hell, you could even become a different species besides human. Or witch/wizard in this case. 

We're on our way down to Hagrid's, Harry thought that he might have more answers to their questions. Since the book in the library didn't give them more insight into the stone. Harry was caressing his hand, he told me it was because Hermione slammed her book down in his hand without noticing. Ron had noticed, and thought it was hilarious. 

When we stood in-front of the hut, Harry had knocked and we heard things falling over and huge footsteps nearing the door. Hagrid had opened the door with an apron on and oven mitts, sweating and looking a little more stressed then usual. 

''Hagrid!'' Harry shouted, I have no idea why he did that though. 

''Oh, hello. Sorry, don't wish to be rude, but I'm in ni fit state to entertain today.'' Hagrid apologized, trying to shut the door as quickly as possible and get back to whatever he was cooking in the pot behind him. 

''We know about the Philosopher's Stone!'' We all shouted in unison. I'm surprised the whole school hasn't awoken yet, because it surely gave Filch our location now. Hagrid opened the door again with a small 'oh' and let us inside. 

''We think Snape is trying to steal it.'' Harry spoke for the rest of us. Well, they might but I think differently, thank you very much, Potter. 

''Snape? Blimey, Harry, your not still in about him, are you?'' Hagrid asked. Harry and Hermione were sitting at the table, while Ron sat in a small bench off to the side, where Fang had been sitting at the time. I had stood between Harry and Hermione, glancing over at Ron to see Fang slobbering all over the place and giving Ron the creeps.