18| Old History

''𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙖 𝙝𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮, 𝙄 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙞𝙩.''

𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑫 𝑷𝑶𝑽

𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑫 𝑷𝑶𝑽

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

𝗦𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝗳𝗶𝗹𝗲𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁 𝗛𝗮𝗹𝗹, 𝗮 𝘀𝗺𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗼 𝗽𝘂𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁. 

''Come on! We have to do this before curfew!'' 

''I know, I know!''

''Can't we slow down a bit?'' 

Scorpius Malfoy had been leading the group, with Teddy Lupin and Albus Potter behind him. Ever since they've arrived back at Hogwarts, Scorpius has been on about his father and Teddy's mother. 

Albus seemed intrigued. His father spoke a few words of Draco Malfoy and a few of Y/n Granger. But he didn't know that they had history. Or, that's what they thought. It was just after dinner and the three of them were currently running towards the Library, Scorpius' last place of hope. 

He had tried asking the Professors, but they all seemed forgotten. Whenever Scorpius had asked, they would talk about the two, how much they hated one another. Then they'd trail off onto another topic. At least, that's what happened with Slughorn. He spoke about how Y/n was in his small group of successors. 

Teddy tried looking for any clues back at home. Anything that would give away the sign that his mother might have just been infatuated with his best friends father. But no to avail. He couldn't find anything about him.

''No!'' Scorpius shouted to Albus' earlier question. ''We have to get to the Library before we run out of time.'' 

''Why can't we just go tomorrow? I'm kind of tired, you know.'' 

''Because I'd rather spend my time in the Library finding nothing then not looking at all.''

''He has a good point.'' Teddy agreed with Scorpius, laughing at Albus' annoyed face. 

''Fine.'' Albus agreed, but only because they're his friends. ''But we're not staying there all afternoon.''

And that's exactly what they did. 

When they entered the Library, it was mainly scarce. People didn't usually visit the Library at a time like this. The Librarian greeted the three but gave them a stern look, one which they did not see. 

Scorpius carefully picked a few books off the shelves when he walked by. He could practically remember the whole Library just by memory. Teddy had walked behind Scorpius, glancing at the books but not picking any off the shelves. Albus had picked up one, one which he thought would turn to be useful.