17| Pranking 101

''𝙒𝙚 𝙢𝙚𝙖𝙣, 𝙈𝙖𝙟𝙤𝙧 𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚, 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙤𝙥𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣.''

𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗯𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗥𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗜 𝘁𝗼 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁 𝗛𝗮𝗹𝗹, 𝘀𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝘀𝘁𝘂𝗱𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗺 𝘁𝗲𝘀𝘁𝘀, 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗾𝘂𝗶𝘁 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁. I was sitting on the opposite side of the bench with Hermione, while Harry and Ron were sitting across from us, looking at their Chocolate Frog cards. 

''Hi, Hedwig.'' Harry greeted his owl, as she flew down and landed onto the table. Faris had also came in, close behind Hedwig but decided to ignore her. Faris had only ignored Hedwig because of the familiar black feathered owl that followed behind the great eagle. 

As Faris landed, he held out his beak so I could take the letter from him. The black feathered owl – who I am deciding to name Oscar from now on – had landed beside Faris, almost stumbling over himself when he landed on the table. I took the letter from Faris, recognizing the writing on the envelope.

When I looked back up at Oscar, I saw that Faris had tried to push him over. Faris had succeeded once, but once he tried again Oscar decided to move to the other side of me. Hermione hadn't noticed the extra owl, only because she was leaned so far down toward the book that her nose touched the pages. 

Harry had noticed, furrowing his brows at the owl and giving me a questionable look. I sighed and shook my head, telling him that I didn't want to talk about it at the moment. Ron had also noticed, knowing that the shake of my head would've gone for him too. 

''Look at you, playing with your cards. Pathetic! We've got final exams soon.'' Hermione finally looked up from her book, scaring Harry since he had jumped in his seat, Hedwig also jumped from the spot on the table she had set herself on. I shooed Oscar away, not wanting Hermione to ask more questions then she already has since the train ride. 

''I'm ready! Ask me any question.'' Ron challenged her, putting down his Chocolate Frog card and looking Hermione in the eyes. If I knew anything about Ron, it was that he most likely wasn't ready, whatsoever. 

''All right, what are the three most crucial ingredients in a Forgetfulness Potion?'' Hermione asked the ginger-haired boy. He seemed to really be thinking, before opening his mouth then shutting it again with a defeated look. 

''. . .I forgot.'' He spoke sheepishly. I chuckled at the boy, making him glance up at me and purse his lips to stop himself from chuckling with me. Harry couldn't keep his small laughter in, so he laughed with me a little. 

''And what, may I ask, do you plan to do if this comes up in the final exam?'' Hermione questioned, crossing her arms and setting them on the table. She still had her book opened from earlier, turned to a page that I couldn't quite read from where I sat.

''Copy off you?'' 

''No, you won't.'' Hermione spoke.

''Copy of Y/n?'' Ron answered again. 

''What makes you think I'll have the answers?'' I retorted, wavingy hand at the ginger. 

''No, you won't! Besides according to Professor McGonagall, we're to be given special quills bewitched with an anti-cheating spell.'' Hermione informed us three, turning to all of us with knowing looks. Especially Ron, since his last comment.