11| Unboxing the Past

''𝙎𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠, 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙨𝙚𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙙... 𝙤𝙛𝙛.''

𝗧𝗲𝗱𝗱𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗜 𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗽 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

𝗧𝗲𝗱𝗱𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗜 𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗽 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁. He told me more stories about Hogwarts and I told him mine. I also happened to tell him a few more secrets. How the Whomping Willow led to the Shrieking Shack. The witch statue that led to the bottom floor of Honeydukes. 

I even told him a few other stories about his parents. He was very interested in those. 

I told him the times when Remus had helped when my Lycanthropy. And during fourth year, when Remus and Sirius had decorated the Gryffindor Common room for Christmas. How we went sledding and spent all day outside. 

Teddy had showed me more about his abilities. He is slowly being able to control it. He had shown me how he was able to morph himself into a small bird, then back again without any of the bird features. I praised him with ice cream that night. 

After I had told Teddy goodnight, I tried getting some sleep, myself. It was around midnight, my eyelids dropping with every step down the hallway. When I got into bed, I tucked myself under my blankets and stuffed my head into the pillows. The way I usually sleep. 

But I wasn't able to sleep. I had stayed awake for most of the night. Each time I tried to think about sleep, I had thought back to Draco. Whether it was Draco sitting on my couch or at the kitchen counter. Then it drifted onto the Astronomy Tower. Draco standing against the railing with a black hoodie on. The cold wind brushing past and blowing his hair to the side. 

When I had finally fallen asleep, it was about 4 in the morning and the only thing I could dream about was the same blonde-headed figure. 

''Mum?''

''Huh?'' I jumped at the sound of the pan hitting the floor. It clashed against the hardwood, jumping a bit before coming to a rest. 

Teddy pulled a face at the loud noise. ''You're quiet. Are you all right?'' He asked, taking a step and sitting on the stool. 

''Yeah.'' I nodded, picking up the pan and placing it back on the oven. 

''Are you sure?'' He asked again, folding one arm over the other against the counter. ''Since I came back, you have seemed... off.'' 

I looked at Teddy, oddly moving the pan around on the burner. I felt like I needed to vent. There was a lot of things on my mind, but I didn't have anyone to vent to at the moment. Teddy was right here, offering. Giving Teddy a tight smile, I responded. 

''Trust me, I'm just fine.''

Teddy nodded, though he seemed a bit unsure about it. He hopped off the stool and walked up the stairs. I didn't know where he had gone after that. I kept the pan on the oven, letting go of the handle to find something else to do.