2| Fork

''𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙟𝙖𝙗 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙖 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙠, 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙞𝙩.''

𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙨𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙞𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙢𝙖𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙨𝙖𝙩 𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝, 𝙞𝙣-𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙚, 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙧𝙪𝙣

𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙨𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙞𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙢𝙖𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙨𝙖𝙩 𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝, 𝙞𝙣-𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙚, 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙧𝙪𝙣. He seemed unfazed by the fact that he literally left a dent in our roof due to how tall he is. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he was a hobo. Look at the man, coming into random people's homes without a reason wearing a worn-down brown coat along with a dark brown undershirt that, from where I stood looked like it had some mud on it. 

Apart from his clothes, his looks didn't really tell a different story neither. He had lots and lots of black unruly hair, head hair and facial hair. He also had a face. Yes, okay amazing description, I know. He had rosy cheeks and a smile on his face like if a little four year old came to give you some random cookies that they totally didn't poison. 

''What brings you here?'' Dad had broken the awkward silence as the giant man leaned across the table to grab one of the cookies from the tray mum had brought in, not too long ago. I guess he was looking for cookies, just not giving any. 

''I am 'ere for them two.'' The giant man had gestured between Hermione and I. At first thoughts, I would've thought that Hermione had ordered someone to take us across the country, but the look on her face gave my hopes up. 

''Why? What business do we have with a man like you?'' Mum had asked. If she was going for her casual kind, smiley, soft honesty person. The had totally failed at that. 

''Witches' they are.'' The giant man simply spoke, tucking a couple more cookies into his satchel before standing back up. When he did, the dent on the roof has gotten better, none of us could do anything about it though. 

''The letters they had received? The Hog- something one?'' Mum asked, more confused then I was. Hermione was sitting beside mum with her hand on her head, trying to figure all this out with logic but she couldn't find any logical explanation. Especially one for the giant hobo man that is sitting in-front of her. 

''Hogwarts, yes. Now, yer all muggles. Which means yeh can't get inta Diagon Alley.'' The big man stated, leaning forward just the slightest. He had a pink umbrella sat on the couch next to him, it wasn't raining though so I originally thought it was just a walking stick. 

''Care to tell us what that is? And who you are if your taking our children?'' Dad pipped up from his spot, leaning against the bookcase. 

''Rubeus Hagrid. Gamekeeper at Hogwarts.'' He stated. I shared a look with Hermione, who thought this could all just be some super over-the-top prank. ''Diagon Alley is where yer going' to be gettin' yer things for school.'' He looked between Hermione and I when he spoke the last sentence.