61| Stranger on Burned Ground

''𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙬𝙚'𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙢𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙨 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪!''

𝗔𝗿𝘁𝗵𝘂𝗿 𝗶𝘀 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘂𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘁𝘀, 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝘂𝗽 𝗺𝗮𝗻𝘆, 𝗺𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝗳𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗿𝘀

𝗔𝗿𝘁𝗵𝘂𝗿 𝗶𝘀 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘂𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘁𝘀, 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝘂𝗽 𝗺𝗮𝗻𝘆, 𝗺𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝗳𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗿𝘀. Fred and George had the brightest idea to go all out on merchandise for this match, not to mention the bet that they had placed just before we left the tent. Mr. Weasley kept trying to warn them that Ludo Bagman was a scam. 

Honestly, I couldn't decide. I barely knew anything about this Ludo Bagman guy. But I didn't want Fred and George using all their money on a bet, especially when that's the money they'll be using for the store. They placed a bet saying that Viktor Krum with catch the Snitch but the Irish will win. 

Ludo didn't seem to expect that particular bet they had placed, so he seemed happy when the twins gave him all their saving in return for a bet that didn't seem to have any chance. I didn't doubt their skills though, they are weirdly accurate with stuff like that and it makes me wonder how they do it. 

After that, they went out and bought hats, scarfs, tiny flags and some face paint. I painted the twins faces, George having something fairly simple, two lines - one white and the other green - right next to each other to represent an Irish flag. Fred's was a little more complicated, having a huge clover covering his whole face, including the white face paint around it. 

In the end they both turned out pretty good, seeing as I knew almost nothing about face paint. I haven't done it and don't intend on doing it anytime soon. The twins offered to do the same thing to me, but I had to keep my distance when they said that they were going to try and do so anyway. Sadly, they had. My face is now marked with smudges of white and green all over. 

Ron had decked out Harry in Bulgaria merchandise and face paint, the twins finding it highly offensive. Honestly, I couldn't help but feel the same. Spending my time with both the twins, kind of makes me almost an exact replica of them. It makes it a little scary at times, but others I guess it's actually pretty cool. Like being their third twin. 

I'm pretty sure mostly everyone as cheering for the Irish on our part, besides for Harry and Ron. The twins have decided to not talk to them for the rest of the time that the Quidditch game will be happening, 'not wanting to be talking to the enemy' they said. I simply agreed to their weird terms, seeing as it's becoming a normal, everyday thing. 

''Blimey, dad.'' Ron panted, holding onto the stair railing for support. ''How far up are we?'' Actually, I'd like to know the same thing. We've been walking up the same flight of stairs for about twenty minutes now and my legs feel like jelly or possibly even water. 

''Well put it this way. If it rains you'll be the first to know.'' An uninvited voice called from below, amusement clear in his voice. Moving closer to the railing and looking over, I found the Malfoy men standing on the floor just below. Both sporting black attire.