113| Slughorn's Christmas Party

''𝙒𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚 𝙢𝙪𝙩𝙪𝙖𝙡 𝙞𝙛 𝙄 𝙨𝙖𝙞𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙄 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪?''

𝗔𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿, 𝘄𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝘀𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗽

𝗔𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿, 𝘄𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝘀𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗽. She slept longer, but I also had a few other things to do today then wallow over Ron's new relationship. Sure, it's weird, but there's nothing I can do about it. Lavender has been talking about Ron for a long while, it started being a constant conversation starter. Now, she barely talks to us anymore. 

Hope Ron isn't currently suffering. Waking up this morning, I took a shower before Katie or Hermione could wake up and steal the bathroom. Lavender wasn't here. I got a few unholy thoughts when I seen that her bed hasn't been used in the past day or so, but I didn't voice them. I tried pushing them aside, starting my shower with a song stuck in my head. 

And since I was alone in the shower, with the other two asleep in the other room. I was at perfect capability to him out the tune of the song, mumbling a few words here and there. It was just the fact I only remembered about three lines of the song, so I kept singing and humming those three lines over and over. 

Once I was done with my shower and dressed, added with the finishing task of my morning routine, I had stepped out of the bathroom. Katie was awake, giving me a groggy smile. Hermione was still asleep, curled in her blankets. Poor 'Mione. I walked over to my nightstand, Katie now entering the bathroom. 

Faris chirped in a lovely tune, rubbing his head against the palm of my hand. I chuckled lightly at his action. Before I left the room, Faris flew from his perch in the room and landed on my shoulder. He needs to get out more, so, I took him to The Great Hall for breakfast. I gave him a few pieces of the bacon that was placed on the platters scattered around the table. He was grateful. 

Today, Slughorn was holding a Christmas Party. Like he did with dinner, he invited a few people. I was one of those. Along with Harry and Hermione. But now, we were expected to find someone to take with us to the party. I hadn't checked in with Harry nor Hermione, but I'm willing to guess that they have someone in mind. 

When I was finished with breakfast, Faris had kept onto my shoulder. He nuzzled his beak into the side of my head every now and then. I mindlessly walked through the corridors, not a certain goal in mind. As I turned the corner, I bumped heads with someone. And that someone just so happened to be Harry. 

''Harry.'' I breathed out, rubbing my forehead. Faris flapped his wings on my shoulder, recollecting himself. 

''Y/n.'' Harry chuckled, fixing his glasses back onto his face. 

''Damn. I need to pay attention next time.'' 

''That much is obvious.'' Harry and I walked side by side. We ended up being on the grounds of Hogwarts, walking past the Whomping Willow. Faris flew overhead, making sure not to fly too far from where we were.