104| The Ministry

''𝙂𝙚𝙩 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙢𝙮 𝙜𝙤𝙙𝙨𝙤𝙣.''

𝗔 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗺 𝗯𝗿𝗲𝘄𝗲𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝘁𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗮𝘀 𝘄𝗲 𝗿𝗮𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗠𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝘆

𝗔 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗺 𝗯𝗿𝗲𝘄𝗲𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝘁𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗮𝘀 𝘄𝗲 𝗿𝗮𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗠𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝘆. Harry led the group, consisting of Hermione, Ron, Luna, Neville, Ginny and myself. It was quite dark and gloomy, with shadows in every corner. For all we know, Voldemort could be lurking in one of the corners, just waiting for us to pass by. I wouldn't be surprised, we would be dead before any one of us could blink. A chill ran up my spine, noting how cold it felt in the huge building. 

Sometimes it still amazes me how a Muggle hasn't accidentally gained access in here. Maybe they have and the Ministry just obliviates them. I wouldn't be surprised about that either, that seems to be their go to solution. Never in my whole time at Hogwarts have I ever seen so many people try using Obliviate so many times. 

It wasn't long when we had reached an elevator, all of us squeezing to fit into one. Harry pressed a button for the elevator to go down, talking about some door on the way. It wasn't long before the elevator had stopped, jerking me to the side a bit as I leaned against Neville. I kindly smiled up at him, the speaker letting us know what floor we happened to stop at. 

''Department of Mysteries.'' It spoke. The metal doors of the elevator opened. 

The hallway was long, black and errie. White outlines of the smooth black bricks were the only other thing that was visible. It looked even creepier now that the lights had been turned off in the Ministry. It wouldn't take a genius to know that Voldemort was already getting his hands on whatever was here. 

At the end of the hallway, the door. The very same door that Harry happened to be talking about all the time. 

''This is it.'' Harry said. 

Harry leads the group again, down the hallway and towards the door. I just hope that he knows what's behind there, because I don't want to die anytime soon. There could be anything behind there, this is a Ministry building, after all. There could be wizards behind that door, waiting to hit Harry with whatever spell bounces of the top of their head. 

Though I hadn't voiced those thoughts, Neville and Ron seemed to be thinking the same thing I was. Harry opened the door, despite the low protests from me that stood behind him. I wanted to help Harry, that much was obvious. But, I still haven't made the decision about if I'm ready to die for him or not. I always wanted to die a hero, maybe this is a way to do so. 

Once the door and opened and we all stepped through, my murmuring protests had come to an end. It was too far to turn back now. Not that I knew where to go from here. I hated the Ministry and I still do till this day, no doubt about that. It just makes me all the more confused about what else the Ministry was hiding behind those doors. Anything could be behind there.