72| The Yule Ball

''𝙇𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩.'' 

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗬𝘂𝗹𝗲 𝗕𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗾𝘂𝗶𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗱

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗬𝘂𝗹𝗲 𝗕𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗾𝘂𝗶𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗱. Everyone spent their days as they normally would, walking around and talking with their friends or doing stupid things out on the Quidditch Pitch. But tonight, was going to be way different. Everybody would be all dressed up and waiting for their date outside The Great Hall. 

Harry and Ron had got dates just the night before, Harry told me that it happened to be a last minute thing and was a little disappointed by it. I rolled my eyes at him and told him that he needed to be more bold during things like this, or else, things like that are going to happen. He only retorted by asking who my date to the ball was. I didn't answer and walked out of the Common Room, avoiding Harry after that. 

Seamus and Dean also had dates, Seamus taking Lavender while Dean takes Katie. It turns out, Luna also had a date. Some Hufflepuff guy had asked her to the ball a few hours prior to before we had went dress shopping. Now I was just going to be sitting outside from the ball, all alone in the cold air. At least it won't be crowded. 

Blaise came to me today, saying how he heard that Theo had asked Daphne to the ball. We were both proud of him, able to ask Daphne. I still needed to give him a hug for it later, but I'll save it for the ball. He had also said that he hadn't found a date yet, and rejected Astoria when she almost forced him to go with her. He knew she only asked because she wanted to be close to Malfoy for the night. 

Then he asked me if I had a date, which I told him the same thing I've been telling everyone for a while now. He was beyond confused, saying he heard a few words from the Slytherin's that had my name in it and the Yule Ball followed closely behind. I waved it off, saying it was some stupid insult as Blaise kept trying to deny it. 

Blaise then asked for me to be his date to the ball, specifically as friends though. He didn't have a date and neither did I, and it would be better to go with a friend then someone who would be awkward with you the whole time. I agreed, liking the idea. Blaise smiled as he bowed dramatically and walked off back to his Common Room. 

That's when Hermione pulled me back into our dorm. Everyone was there. Ginny, Luna, Daphne, Pansy, Lavender, Katie, Hermione and myself. Not that the room was crowded or anything, but I felt like I could barely move around from the capacity of the people and the poof of the dresses in the extra room if the room. 

Everyone started to get dressed, talking about their plans and dates for the Yule Ball. Saying things about their dates that they hoped would happen tonight, saying it was a special night and wanting to look good. Honestly, I don't think I could've cared less. Ginny threw my dress at me, urging me to get dressed. I rolled my eyes before reluctantly doing as she had instructed. 

They all looked amazing in their dresses, Lavdner's dress being purple with a few silver trims here and there. Some flower engravings at the bottom of the dress, where it had happened to reach the floor. Katie's dress was gold at the top, her sleeves just going below her shoulders. The bottom flowed out, going from gold to red. It was a nice, silk texture, making it more extravagant then it should've been.