4| Toad Hunters

''𝘿𝙤𝙚𝙨 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙨𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙖 𝙘𝙧𝙪𝙨𝙝?''

𝗜 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝘆𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝘄𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘂𝗽, 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗺𝘆 𝗯𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗰𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘀 𝗸𝗲𝗽𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝘂𝗻 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗺

𝗜 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝘆𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝘄𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘂𝗽, 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗺𝘆 𝗯𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗰𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘀 𝗸𝗲𝗽𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝘂𝗻 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗺. It was only when I had heard my door being shoved open, that it hit the wall behind it making me shoot up. I wasn't the only one who was still asleep, Moose and Faris were also asleep, and shooting up at the same time I was. 

Groaning, I rubbed my eyes as I felt Moose fall back asleep with his head leaning into my side. Looking at the door – which was still wide open – I had found nobody there, because the sudden presence was now at my desk. 

''Hermione, what the hell are you doing, rummaging through my desk?'' I asked with a raspy voice. She had been pulling out drawers then slamming them shut again, making more noise then the door had. 

'"My book! You took it from me, remember?'' Hermione said, quite angrily. I pursed my lips to hold in my laugh as Hermione shot me a glare, secretly asking where her book was. 

''Do you mean that one?'' I asked, pointing over to the windowsill that the old looking, brown, leather book sat on. Hermione instantly snatched it and stormed out of the room, thankfully, closing my door on the way out. It wasn't pleasantly though. 

I fell back onto my pillows, bringing the blanket up to my chin. Moose had crawled under the blanket as he came up into my arms and snuggled into the blanket with me. Faris was sitting peacefully on the desk, with his head hung down and his eyes closed. Everything was peaceful in my room, quiet without a sound. 

My window was opened slightly, so when the wind came blowing around outside I got a cool breeze in my room, which felt quite nice. I was starting to drift off back to sleep, until the worst sound in my whole world had started, startling all three of us. I groaned, walking up to my window and throwing it open. 

 I stuck my head out the window, looking to the left of where our house sat, towards our neighbors. Buck was outside, sitting on the front fence pose. When I scanned the block, some people had been up, watering their garden that most people had out front. Others were sitting in the sun or most likely in their house or at work. Faris also came over to the window, sitting on the windowsill as he looked out the window. 

When he caught sight of the rooster standing on the fence post, the very rooster that had awoken him, he narrowed his eyes. Faris was slightly hunched down, ready to take off after the rooster if I had say anything about it. 

''Not today, Faris. Speaking of, what is today?'' 

As if on que, mum had walked into the room without knocking. That's the problem with this family, they never knocked on the door, they always just walked in. Thank the lord, they at least knocked when someone was in the bathroom. Mum was in her work clothes, which were appropriate clothes for a dentist, which dad was mostly likely in also.