53| Map Malfunction

''. . .𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙧𝙚𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙝𝙚 𝙠𝙚𝙚𝙥𝙨 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙖𝙗𝙣𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙡𝙖𝙧𝙜𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙥𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚'𝙨 𝙗𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨.''

𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗻 𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗿 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗼𝗻 𝗥𝗼𝗼𝗺𝘀, 𝗦𝗻𝘂𝗳𝗳𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗿𝗮𝗻 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗼𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗮 𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗻 𝗹𝗲𝗴 𝗶𝗻 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗵

𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗻 𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗿 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗼𝗻 𝗥𝗼𝗼𝗺𝘀, 𝗦𝗻𝘂𝗳𝗳𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗿𝗮𝗻 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗼𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗮 𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗻 𝗹𝗲𝗴 𝗶𝗻 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗵. Surprisingly enough, nobody had noticed him besides Marcus, since Blaise and Theo already knew about him and kept sending me worried glances. Hermione kept ranting on about the execution of Buckbeak, Harry also felt sympathy for the poor animal. 

I remember meeting him in the forest after running out of the school, Hagrid introduced me and we were well aquatinted afterward. Ron was glancing between the two, but his gaze always seemed to fall onto me, and I believe I know why. 

The full moon was soon, which meant I probably looked sickly and pale. Either that or the fact that I almost tumbled over on the stairs more then once. As Harry and Hermione walked ahead, Ron fell behind and came up to catch me before I fell over. 

''Are you alright, Y/n? You don't seem so good.'' He gave me a worried look, helping me stand. 

''I'm fine, just need some sleep.'' I waved him off, trying my best to keep my posture on the stairs. With all the moving that the staircases did and the swirling sensation in my head, I could barely comprehend anything. 

''Let's get you back to the Common Room.'' He lightly grabbed my left arm, helping to support me as we walked back. Harry and Hermione walked through the portrait after Harry had said the password, now talking about Sirius Black and when he could be back. Hermione wasn't keen on the idea of killing Black either. 

Ron set me down in the couch, putting a hand to my forehead. I'm sure he didn't know what he was doing and only did it because he's seen his mum do it once or twice. Even if he didn't know what he was doing, it was a nice gesture. He made sure I was alright again, by asking about five questions before I made him go to his dorm to get some sleep. 

Hermione asked if I was going to come up to the dorm yet, I told her I would to change. I wasn't going to stay in my dorm though, I couldn't deal with Lavdner's snoring and Hermione's bright light from her lamp tonight. My headache would get worse the more I stayed in there. When I had walked up, Katie and Lavender were already there and in their PJ's. 

I put on grey sweatpants and a black hoodie, a tank top on underneath it. It was something comfortable and it kept me warm, but not overly hot. Hermione kept asking if I was sure that I wanted to go back down to the Common Room, since what had happened with Black she's been all about this. I kept telling her the same thing, my answer not changing.