6| Back in the World

''𝙃𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙮 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙢𝙚.''

''𝗜𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗻-''

''I have been listening. For the past fifteen minutes that we've been talking about it.''

I sighed, slumping back in my chair. He had a point. I had came in here the day after, dreaming about what Draco had said just before I went home. I told Draco that I would come back and find a way for him to leave the Hospital. So that's what I've been doing all morning.

My boss sat in front of me, taking his glasses off his face and placing them on his desk. 

''I know that you said he's doing all right. I believe that, I do. It's just... we can't let him leave until we know for sure. For all we know, he could take a step out that door and drop dead.'' 

''But what if he told us. What if he told us that he was feeling good enough to leave. Would you let him, then?'' I asked, still a tinge of hope running through my veins. 

The boss sighed, leaning back in his chair. He stared down at the desk. I knew that it was a long shot, trying to get Draco out of the Hospital for only his second day here. Then it hit me, I've been trying to do so much for Draco. Why?

''Maybe.'' The boss then answered. ''But only if he is kept with one of our nurses. You know how this works.''

''Yeah, I do.'' I nodded, folding my hands and placing them nervously in my lap. 

If Draco wants to leave, then he has to be accompanied by one of the nurses at all times. It's only for his well being, seeing as his wounds are still intense. Well, one more little thing couldn't hurt, right?

''He can stay with me.'' I offered with a shrug. The boss gave me a look.

''With you?''

''Yeah.'' 

''Are you sure? I mean, what about your sick grandma. Hell, you hardly let anyone come over and try to help with her.'' I didn't know why he was so panicky about the subject. 

I wringed my fingers together, remembering the way Draco had woven his fingers with mine. 

''It won't be problem. I assure you.''

He stared at me, his features softened the tiniest bit. I gave him a small smile, hoping it would ease him into the situation. After a few silent moments, he sighed and ran his hands down his face while mumbling words under his breath. 

''All right, fine. Just make sure you get him checked out before you leave.'' 

My eyes widened. I can't believe that actually worked.

''Thank you so much, sir.'' I thanked, spinning out of the chair and heading for the door. 

''Be careful, Diggory.'' He called after me. I didn't answer, I was already too far down the hall.