grief

12TH MAY 2020

Demi pov:

I knew that Syd was really struggling with the death of Izzy. I felt awful, they hadn't moved out of our bed for days. I also felt bad for trav. He was trying to arrange Izzy's funeral but he couldn't do it on his own and Syd was not in a helping state of mind; I had offered but it wasn't the same, he wanted to plan the funeral with someone close and I understood where he was coming from. But it had to be frustrating for them and I didn't know how long it would be before he snapped at Syd. There was a very macabre vibe everywhere we went and it didn't help that there were police reports on the news; there, so far were no suspects and no tracked vehicle to who hit Izzy.

Sydney pov:

"Hey" my girlfriend's soft voice emerged from behind me as her hand met my shoulder and she tried to pull me over to my back. I wanted to talk but right now it hurt to exist; and I couldn't bring myself to do anything. "Look, I know you're probably not gonna talk to me; and I get it. But trav is really struggling with this funeral planning and as much as he appreciates my offer, he wants to plan it with you. And put it this way, you both lost her, you both understand the pain an, to be quite honest, I don't Know how much more he can take on his own." I was hearing what she was saying but it felt like I hadn't been to sleep in days which was the complete opposite to what I actually had done. My heart ached as she waited for an answer that never left my mouth and I could subtly hear her sigh before a rustle of bedsheets and the light of the hall way showed.

It hurt to ignore everyone but I physically couldn't do anything about it. I just slept for a few more hours before a fed up, emotional Travis burst through my door. "Get up." I ignored him, but he persisted. It got to a point where he was screaming at me to get up, and I snapped. I didn't know what came over me but I jumped up out of bed and forced my friend again the wall, screaming at him "SHUT UP! JUST FUCKING SHUT UP FOR ONCE!" the second Demi heard the screams she pulled us apart and told us both to calm down. "I get that you're both going through some shit but we all know Izzy wouldn't want you two fighting over this! Syd, what the fuck! You wouldn't say a word five minutes ago and now you're chomping at the bit! He needs help! I know that you're struggling but if you don't get up and get this funeral planned Izzy won't have a fucking funeral so just stop fighting and do this for her."

We sat in a tense silence for a few minutes before "sorry" I muttered, looking away from both of them as a single tear rolled down my cheek; I felt as though everyone was disappointed in me, and I couldn't control my emotions because I wasn't on my meds. I felt someone wrap their arms around me and by the smell of his cologne I knew it was trav. "It's okay, I know you can't help it." He replied, his voice thick from crying. "Look, it's your choice but I could really use the help, I'll be in the living room" he whispered before leaving my room; I was alone in my room. In a way I was glad that I snapped at trav, it helped me get up and now that I had pulled myself out of bed I would do anything to help him if it meant giving Izzy the memorial she deserved. I got up and showered, tying my hair into Dutch braids afterwards and changing into cleaner clothes, nothing fancy.

It became clear to me exactly how much help trav needed with this when I walked around the corner and his face lit up; I felt terrible that it took me this long to get up and help him but they were extremely understanding

It became clear to me exactly how much help trav needed with this when I walked around the corner and his face lit up; I felt terrible that it took me this long to get up and help him but they were extremely understanding."I'm glad you decided to help." They said with a smile as I sat down next to them. It was nice hanging out with him considering it had been a while, I just wish it was under different circumstances.

*Time skip*

We had been planning Isabelle's funeral for a few hours and it was an emotional ride but we finally finished it. There were a lot of tears, a lot of breaks and even a few drinks, but we managed to do it and it felt like a huge weight of our chests knowing that she'd have a proper funeral, one that fit her and wasn't carelessly thrown together. After planning The funeral trav went home, his roommate that moved into my room After I left, Noah, had come home from his business trip so Trav wasn't alone with his grief. We decided that we were keeping Scrappy, it wasn't fair on Trav to keep a pet he doesn't want and I love scrappy with my entire being so it just felt right to adopt him. Demi had called us both off of work given the circumstances but we'd have to come back after Izzy's funeral which was pretty annoying considering we should be granted a grief period, but I was champion it wasn't fair holding the championship away from everyone else for too long.

Me and Demi were sat in bed, she was tired from making sure we weren't attempting to murder each other. And I was tired from crying and being emotional. I hated the bitter taste that lingered in the air but I knew that it would fade with time and I could only hope that it faded quickly. But as of right now we were going to bed early and being completely exhausted...

OPD Homicide Unit calling...