WRESTLEMANIA 36!!! (part 2)

it felt like everything slowed down for a moment but then I was snapped back into reality and we all began to circle the ring.

My heart pounded, this was my one shot to make history on my return, I couldn't mess this up, not in this world. I wasn't the first one to make a move, surprisingly, it was our current champion, Becky. She looked at Shayna then at me, signalling for us to double team Baszler, I couldn't refuse. She started by grabbing Shayna's attention, pushing her to piss her off, then, when she was distracted, I took it into my own hands, pulling her into a fallaway slam. When she stood up Becky launched her into a man handle slam and then covered her. was she serious? I wasn't going to let her off that easy, I kicked Becky Out of the ring and thought of the irony if Shayna Baszler, the submission magician, lost via submission. I liked the idea of that, and so I locked in the Viper lock submission and immediately enjoyed watching Shayna squirm under me. Somehow, and I have no idea how, but she managed to break my submission, and reverse it into her own, kirifunda clutch, and my immediate reaction was to panic, and I hated it because it was my downfall, I couldn't loose, I wouldn't, my family, my girlfriend, everyone I cared about expected me to win and now, I couldn't breathe and I was slowly fading. My eyes glazed over, I was gasping for air, and I felt myself shutting down. It felt easier to give up, I was giving up, I couldn't keep myself going and then... SMACK. the thunder of Shayna's head rebounding off the canvas alerted me that Becky was back on her feet, and she had just saved this match, I crawled away, gasping for air, choking as my windpipe opened back up.

I rolled out of the ring, taking a minute to compose myself and I noticed a kid in the front row wearing some of my old merch. It made me realise what I was fighting for, it wasn't just for the title or my family, it was for my fans, everyone who supported me as a fighter. I stood back up and dove into the ring, breaking up Becky's pin on Baszler and pushed Shayna out of the ring. It was just me and the champion, face to face, Shayna wouldn't be a factor anymore, that was for sure, it was between us two now, one of us would win, and I was determined to make it me.

I shook myself down as the two of us circled the ring, our arms up in a defensive position and she was the one to initiate the collar-elbow hold to battle for dominance. I put a good fight but Becky managed to pushed me into the corner of the ring for a 4 count before pulling away, I knew that she would immediately run back into my stomach, so when she went for it, I rolled out of the way, sending her shoulder first into the ring post. She dropped to the canvas, clutching her shoulder and rolling around, I knew that this was my opportunity, she had hurt herself, if I targeted her shoulder, I'd win. examining her body, she relied a lot on keeping her shoulder in the air, so I stalked her and stomped at her shoulder multiple time, causing her to scream and cry in agony. My next move would probably be my best shot at winning, armbar, in the centre of the ring. I could see her fading, I was so distracted by keeping Becky down that I completely forgot about Baszler, She broke up my arm bar and began to rain left and rights down on me. Then she attempted to put me in the Shwing submission but I managed to slip under her grasp, my instincts told me to run for her, I needed momentum, so I sprung myself off the ropes, and successfully performed and code breaker. I pulled her back to her feet and performed my new finisher, Fire bird. I climbed the ropes and jumped towards Baszler, into a modified DDT that slammed her head-first into the canvas and I landed in a seated position. My instincts kicked in and I rolled her up, the count felt like forever but I heard three taps on the canvas and the ring of the bell. 

I couldn't believe it. I had just won my return match at Wrestlemania. My immediate reaction was to scream and tears streamed down my face, my mouth had stretched into a shocked smile as "Here is your winner and the NEW WWE RAW women's Champion, PHOENIXXX!" boomed throughout the arena. My theme music began to play where it was left off and I sat frozen in shock and denial as Jess handed my the Raw women's championship. I slowly Rose to my feet, my entire body prickled with Goosebumps, my hands and legs were shaking and then I saw how disappointed Becky was. I had to pay my respects, after all she gave it her best shot, and for her, came up short, I couldn't just leave her disappointed in herself. I helped her to her feet and made sure she was okay, helping her into the ring and holding her arm into the air. After a moment she hugged me, congratulated me and left me to celebrate. I jumped out of the ring and paid attention to the crowd, going over to the girl I saw earlier on and having a photo with her, as well as other people. My celebration continued for about ten minutes and that's when I made it to the stage, where Demi was waiting for me. she looked at me, a smile on her face but she wasn't focused on my eyes, she was focused on my lips. "see, told you you could do it" she laughed, pulling my face closer to hers and connecting the space between our lips with a kiss. She lifted my arm into the air one final time before taking me backstage.

Believe me, I was beyond happy, but Wrestlemania hadn't ended, there was still one night left and Rhea was facing Charlotte Flair tomorrow for the NXT women's championship. I had faith that Rhea would win, but Charlotte was a force, and I never knew what to expect with her....