meeting

Tue 29th Jan 2019

It had been 2 weeks since my break up. I knew everyone was worried about me, and for good reason. I hadn't eaten properly, I can't remember the last time I drank water, I had been calling in sick to work, and avoided the gym, out of fear of seeing her. I had barely left my room. I hadn't slept, at all. But I had to go out today, whether I wanted to or not, I had a meeting with Vince, drew and Adam, about my absences from work and there was every possibility that she would be there as a benefactor.

After days of laying in bed I finally got up to shower, I didn't wanna take forever so I didn't, I washed my hair and got back out so I could get ready for the meeting. I couldn't be bothered to make myself pretty for the stupid officials, they'd be stuck with a lazy look today.

Hair:

Outfit:

Outfit:

Makeup:

Makeup:

I headed downstairs to find my sister on the sofa

I headed downstairs to find my sister on the sofa. "Holy shit. Sydney's alive" she laughed shaking her head. "Ha. ha. you're so funny. Where's mom" I replied with a snarky smile. "Work. She won't be home till 9, late shift. Where are you going?" I walked over to her and took the cup of coffee in her hands "meeting. About my absences from work. I'll be home around 4" I said, drinking almost all of the coffee before grabbing my bag. "ARSEHOLE!" She shouted as I left.

On my drive to the performance center, where my meeting would be held, I realised that I could lose my job from this meeting, I didn't want that, I couldn't afford it, the pressure was on. The moment I stepped into the center a woman stood outside of a conference room ran over to me "they're waiting for you." She said almost desperate for me to get to that meeting. I did a quick scan of the room, no Demi in sight,but she was here somewhere, her bag was on a chair. I was pulled into the conference room and met with drew, Vince and Adam, all stern faced and waiting for me. (A=Adam V=Vince D=Drew S=Syd R=??)

"A: you're late." "S: I'm here, aren't I?" "A: that's besides the point, we're here to talk about punctuality and you're late! It's unnacept-" "D: Adam! Please shut up! Syd take a seat." I looked at him with tired eyes and a sly smirk "I'll stand." I said leaning against the wall, an audible tut coming from Adam. "V: okay now that everyone is here" he said, glaring at me. "V: we would like to discuss your absences, Sydney." "A: it's becoming quite the problem and we understand that you have your... Issues" I scoffed at his comment "do you? Do you really pierce? You know what it feels like to be in the verge of a psychotic break. You know what it feels like to lose the fucking love of your life?! No you fucking don't! So sort your priorities out before even thinking about mine!-" "D: Sydney! Please!" I huffed, slouching against the wall again. Drew sighed, leaning back in his chair. "V: what Adam was trying to say, is that we have some knowledge on why you have been absent and we don't want to pressure you but your absence is becoming a problem. The fans are calling for you; wondering why Demi isn't fighting properly and why you're gone, they want their champion back. We believe that if you and Demi maybe went against each other then maybe you'd let out some of your frustration in the ring." "S: Are you crazy?!" "V: it wasn't our idea" just then a click of the door and none other than rhea Ripley stepped into the conference room. "S: yeah no." I began to walk out of the room but was stopped by demi "R: sit. Down." I laughed and flipped her off, trying to leave again"D: Sydney, let her talk" I looked back at drew and sighed at him, sitting down in one of the provided chairs, hanging my leg off of the arm rest.

"S: fine. Talk." "R: I'm not saying that I wanna go against you. I just think it'll be an emotional release for both of us and I wanna see you again Syd. Not to be rude but you look terrible." I scoffed at her "S: wonder why that is." She looked away from me and cleared her throat. "R: What I meant was, you look unhealthy; tired, dehydrated, like you haven't eaten. And I know you haven't been training. You need to release" she pulled out a contract with two dotted lines at the bottom, one with her signature, the other empty. "R: Sign the contract Syd, for your benefit" I thought about it for a moment before holding my hand out for a pen. "S: it's your funeral" I scoffed, signing the contract for the last woman standing match that would take place on Sunday. Once the contract was signed I grabbed my bag but was stopped before I could leave "A: Sydney. Please understand that we will not tolerate absences like this for much longer" I nodded slowly "yep. Got it. Bye."

I bought some food on the way home and decided to eat it in the car. My phone had been going off the entire drive home. I knew it was demi, trying to convince me to come back to the apartment, but I wouldn't go until Ami had had my nephew. Something was off, when I got to the door of my mom's house. I creaked open the door and stepped into an empty living room. I looked around for a moment "Ami?" I shouted, no answer, I figured she had just gone out but the knocking of objects in the kitchen told me otherwise. I slowly made my way to the kitchen, just in case. "AMI!" I shouted running towards the collapsed body of my sister, which was surrounded by fluid. I immediately called up and ambulance and held on to my sisters hand, she was scared. And so was I.

"911 what's your emergency" "s: hi, umm, my sister is in labour and I don't know how long it's gonna be before he comes out, but he's 2 months premature." "Okay, how close are the contractions?" "A: less than a few minutes!" My sister yelled out in pain. The operator sounded shocked "okay I need you to do something for me is that okay?" "S: yea anything!" "I need you to grab towels, lots of them and I need your sister to be completely undressed from the waist down, this baby is coming soon." I did as the operator said "S: okay now what?" "An ambulance is on its way but right now you are delivering this baby. When mom is ready she's going to want to push for 6-10 seconds, okay?" "S: yeah okay. Ami you ready" her frantic nodding told me to start counting. "Okay, ready... Push!......."