Challenge

1st JUNE 2020

I was Still quite pissed off about Kairi's attack on me when I returned to RAW, and I wasn't going to just let it go. And I had challenged her to a title match for tonight. But that wasn't enough, I wanted to beat her in a larger crowd. So after tonight whether I won or not; I would be interrupting her RAW talk segment to lay out a challenge that I know she wouldn't want to refuse. I was sat In my locker room and I had just gotten ready for the match tonight. I looked down at my brand new ring that laid upon my finger and out of fear of losing it I took it off and made sure to attach it to my keyring before slipping it into my bag and locking it in my locker.

I sat in gorilla, title in hand, waiting for my cue

I sat in gorilla, title in hand, waiting for my cue. I had been talking with Becky about my plans for later and she was excited to see it play out. When I heard Kairi's theme song I knew it was game time, so I dot up, secured my belt around my waist, took a few deep breaths as Kairi's song came to a close, and stepped out exactly on cue. "The following contest scheduled for one fall, is for the RAW Women's Championship! Introducing the challenger Yamaguchi Prefecture, Japan, Kairi Sane! And her opponent, She is the RAW women's Champion, PHOENIX!!" I handed my title over to AJ and she held it in the air before passing it to an official on the side lines and declaring the Bell. This match was on. And I had no intention to lose. I immediately attacked her mid section with punches and kicks until she hit the turnbuckle, then, I rammed my shoulder into her stomach for a count of four; but I couldn't let myself get disqualified. She dropped to the canvas and I was quick to pull her back up to attack her again. Only this time she flew her fist straight into my chin, knocking my back a little. I shook it off and narrowly avoided her attack so she fell into the ropes and I was quick to crossbody her back.  I rolled her up and when she kicked out at two, I picked her up and threw her into a german suplex before covering her again.

She kicked out at the last second and I thought to myself, fine, if I can't win via pin, I would by submission. I stood up for myself into position and lifted kairi into a standing cloverleaf submission. After what felt like forever of her struggling she threw herself through my legs and pulled me over; making me throw myself into the turnbuckles. She took a second to recover and then sprang herself into action. She managed to keep me on my ass long enough to perform a moonsault off the top rope and cover me. Out of sheer instinct alone I pulled my left shoulder into the air, she was sat there in shock; wondering how I kicked out. And I took advantage. She thought I was recovering, but I put her in a body triangle and wrapped my arm under her neck in a tight Kirifuda clutch. She panicked and her panic worked in my favour because she exerted a lot of energy and eventually she started to fade. There was a lot of screaming, a lot of flailing but eventually the pirate princess fell limp. My grip remained firm throughout the checking of her arm and I held on as strong as possible until the ref called it and the bell rang. I rose to my feet as my title was handed back at me and I held on to my ribs; It was nothing serious, just a bit of strain from fighting; and my title was handed back over to me. "Here is your winner, And STILL the WWE RAW Women's champion, PHOENIXX!" I yelled out of relief as I held my championship into the air. But this wasn't the end of this rivalry. So after a bit of celebration, I headed back up the stage. I took the time to clam down and decided to lay-low in my locker room. Kayla would be letting me know when she was talking to Kairi so that I could get ready for the challenge.

*Time skip*

"Hey, I'm going to talk to Sane now if you're ready" "Yeah, cool, I'll prep myself" I replied, standing up and putting my phone back into my bag. I walked over to where Kairi was being interviewed and waited for her to begin talking about me and my championship. The second I heard my name come from her mouth I tapped Her shoulder and when she turned around I struck her so hard that it stung my hand. I waited for her to retaliate before turning this into a brawl. I managed to get on her back and secure a Kirifuda clutch but this time she threw me off; into a storage box. So I repaid the favour by throwing her into a storage box, twice. I had to think of a big finisher, to get my point across so when I saw a poster which had Seth Rollins printed on the front of it, I knew what I had to do. Seth had been a good friend of mine since the day I met his wife; and I knew he would be honoured if I used his move. But to raise the bar a little bit; I climbed a ladder nearby and waited for her to rest against the storage unit. Without hesitation, I jumped onto the back of her neck; performing a thunderous curb stomp that left her in agony.

Now every single Official on the duty tonight surrounded Kairi and separated the two of us. My original plan was to get down next to her and whisper the challenge but now I couldn't do that. So I did the next best thing; I fought off the officials as best as I could until she was back on two feet looking me dead in the eye. "I'll see you at backlash!" Was all I needed to say for her to snap. She fought and fought while being ripped away and just to mock her a bit more I blew her a kiss and waved goodbye.

I wanted her at her most violent, to make sure she really was competition to me. But for now, I just wanted to piss her off because I knew I was ready to fight to the death.

Question is, is she?