home?

9th November 2018

I thought I would see vix here. But I was yet to find them. Enough was enough and I needed to know. I called the nurse that was stood outside of my room in and sat down on the bed. "Hello Sydney, how are you feeling today?" His voice was soft, and calming, as if he wanted me to stay calm. "I'm alright, I was just wondering about a patient..." I replied, looking down at my hands. He smiled softly and asked which patient"uh, vix- I mean, Chelsea.." I hoped for good news but due to the change in his face I wasn't going to get that news. "Vixen, has been in hospital for 3 weeks. They're not gonna make it..."

My heart dropped. I just found out that one of my best friends wasn't going to be alive much longer. "c-can I see them?" I squeaked, still in utter disbelief, the nurse sighed and shook his head "I'm sorry... The doctors have been really trying but it's a dead end.. I'll leave you be." With that he left. I was on my own. Literally. Vixen was the only person that I trusted here and now... They were gone too. All of a sudden I felt exhausted like I was giving up, and just wanted to sleep things off...

*Time skip*
10th November 2018

I woke up to a gentle nudging, my eyes fluttered oppen as I adjusted to the light in the room. A silhouette appeared in my clouded vision and as I came to focus on it I realised, it was demi. There was no way it was her. I hadn't slept for that long... Right? "Heyyy. You were asleep, I didn't wanna wake you but your room needs to be cleared by 12" her voice was quiet, soft, calming but that still didn't shake my confusion"what? Why?" I asked, stretching my back "it's been 72 hours. You slept through most of it." She chuckled to herself. If it had really been that long, then it meant that vix... "I heard about your friend. The workers that saw her-" "them. Saw them." She looked at me and corrected herself "them. Said that they went out painlessly.... Syd I'm sorry. I know this must be hard for you-" she was right, but I had lost so much, it didn't really hit me with a huge impact. It was About 1:00PM by the time I had filled out the paperwork and Demi was still filling out my discharge info by the time I had finished. I was still shockingly tired after everything, I ended up dozing off on Demi's shoulder while she was filling info out.

I woke up in the car and the realisation hit me that... I might not have a job anymore. "What did Vince say about me?... I know you told him." I asked, making sure not to distract her too much. She sighed at me, glancing over and back to the road "you still have a job. But. You need to get back in the ring ASAP" she replied. I thought about it for a moment, NXT was tomorrow night, there was no way I could Challenge someone for a match. Unless.....

I pulled out my phone and started texting someone that had been having problems with Dakota Kai and Ember Moon recently.

Ashley 💚🖤💚🖤💚
-------

Hey ash, you got a match tomorrow?

Yh, against Ember, why.

U still fighting with Kota?

Yh yh

Wanna do a tag match tomorrow, I'm coming home today.

Sounds good, I'll message pierce and Kota to see if they're up for it.

-------

Great. This was perfect. I had had rivalries with Dakota before and I was really close with Ashley, it made sense to work with her. I'd still have a job and I'd get to spend time with someone who I hadn't teamed up with in a while. It didn't take long for her to reply with the okay that I so desperately wanted and needed. To be honest I was excited, I could've waited another week but I wanted to prove that I was still the same person. I did however have to find gear that would fit Ashley's look so I asked her what her gear was gonna look like and saw that it was her usual hot pants and t-shirt in green and black to match her hair.

We pulled up to our apartment garage and demi took my bags from the car, it was weird, being home so soon, I had almost completely forgotten my sister but I noticed the moment I walked through the front door she was still here, however it looked like she was leaving. "Yo! Sydneyyy!" Trav ran over and hugged me tight closely followed by Isabelle and Demi. this was the reason I was still going, my friends. "I don't wanna be here anymore if my baby is at risk. I'm staying with mom." Amis voice came from the kitchen and to be honest I didn't care what she did and didn't do, she always had to try and get the attention on her, even if it caused arguments "okay. Well, your baby is at risk anyway with you taking Molly and nearly 6 months pregnant. I don't want you here, neither does Demi so yeah. Go." I flashed a mocking smile at my sister who rolled her eyes at me, I knew I shouldn't have trusted her and let her stay, but shes family, whether I liked it or not. "Syd come outside please." She said opening the front door, I was reluctant at first but followed her, she handed me an envelope "look, I know we aren't on the best ground but that is the sex of the baby. Do with it what you will" and that was all she said before leaving.

Did I wanna know if I was having a niece or a nephew? Hell yeah. But right now I was focused on myself, I walked back into the apartment and placed the envelope on my coffee table before heading to the fridge and pulling out a bottle of gin and lemonade for the mixer. "Now none of us really need a hangover, however I think that on my return home, a glass should be raised to the hope that I'll never ever have to be in that position again!" And my friends agreed, fixing themselves a drink and raising it in the air.

"To Sydney!" My girlfriend said turning to me and raising her glass, my friends following as her lips connected with mine..