injured

*huge time skip*
13th Jan 2019

The past few months had been difficult, me and mom were constantly arguing back and forth, and it was a lot to deal with, especially for Ami who was now in her third trimester And seven months pregnant. I was really worried about her, our family has never had a baby on time or late, they've always been premature, so it was all eyes on her at the minute. I was also a little worried about demi, she wasn't her usual self, especially now with my mom being extra bitchy; she was just snapping at everything. She was stressed and struggling to contain herself.

My focus was obviously towards demi but Adam really wanted me in a match tonight, I had been slacking because my thoughts about fighting had been pushed aside due to the heavily pregnant bipolar sister that had been struggling, and the heavily distant, stressed girlfriend. Just to make things that slight bit worse, I was going against one of the strongest powerhouses tonight, Bianca Belair. Great. My gear was actually really nice tonight, different but still good and as much as I didn't want to fight, I'd give it my all.

Waiting for this match caused nerves beyond compare, I had faced the EST before, it was hard to win, but not impossible, just making sure her base was out was the key, I just knew not to underestimate her strength, no matter what

Waiting for this match caused nerves beyond compare, I had faced the EST before, it was hard to win, but not impossible, just making sure her base was out was the key, I just knew not to underestimate her strength, no matter what. About five more minutes of waiting passed and then I was called out. I took a look around right before my music began, my once present girlfriend was now nowhere to be seen, I didn't want to know what she was planning but whatever it was, it scared me.

I took an exaggerated breath as Bianca danced her way into the ring, in an attempt to shake away the nerves. That ring of the bell, signalling our match had begun, was just the beginning. I knew I'd lose the battle of dominance, belair was too powerful so as I ran for her, I slipped under her arms and rolled her into a cradle. She obviously kicked out but I was quick to get her into another pin. My trickery didn't last long, her second kick out launching me directly into The bottom turnbuckle, my jaw rebounding off the protective padding. I didn't even get a chance to breathe before being picked up by the EST, I found myself lifted vertically in the air, a vertical suplex performed before I could counter.

My back dropped to the canvas but instinct kicked in, forcing me to sit up straight. Just as I began to compose myself a boot connected with the side of my face, dropping me to my back. I knew where she was going with this, a handspring moonsault into my chest, because of my knowledge I managed to pull my knees into my chest, making her land on them and causing her more damage. I pulled myself to my feet and chained as much offence together as I could, and managed to even get a suplex in. But alas, she was too good, every pinfall attempt ended in her shoulder being pulled into the air. Frustration began to kick in and my focus slowly slipped away, I was ready to give up.

It didn't take long for Bianca to get back on the offence, chaining it together flawlessly, giving me no time to think of my next actions. But what really caught me off guard, was her plan to put me down. She waited for the perfect moment, when I gathered enough strength to run at her she stopped me and pulled me into the air by my neck in a tight choke slam. As I struggled to make my escape she slammed me down onto the canvas, my struggle had caused me to become injured. As I was driven into the canvas, out of panic I swung my arm behind my back in an attempt to stop myself, my arm bent at the wrist and my entire body weight as well as Bianca's added weight crashed onto the bend of my wrist. An agonizing wave of pain surged through my wrist, this wasn't normal, the pain was too much for just a torn muscle it a sprain; this was something more. A single tear clouded my vision as Bianca pulled my leg into the air. I couldn't continue with my arm, the pain was too much, my heart pounded, and my eyes became unbelievably heavy as I slipped into unconsciousness...

Demi pov:

I watched on the monitors as medics crowded around Sydney. She wasn't moving, I had been so worried and stressed about everything that I failed to make sure she was okay and now she laid in the center of the NXT ring, barely able to Keep her eyes open.

I felt terrible. This was my fault. She could have avoided this match had I given them a little more attention. But no. I had been too busy focusing on her family and what they thought rather than what she thought.

*Time skip*

Other Pov:

Demi took a very distressed Sydney to the ER after her match had concluded. The doctors that worked on Syd confirmed that the pain they were experiencing was caused by a distal radius fracture, which of course was caused by her landing on her wrist when Bianca slammed her into the canvas.

After X-rays and tests were performed and Syd's bone was reset, She was told that she would have to wear a cast for at least 6 weeks while the bone healed itself, but no surgery was necessary due to there being no loose fragments that had broken o...

After X-rays and tests were performed and Syd's bone was reset, She was told that she would have to wear a cast for at least 6 weeks while the bone healed itself, but no surgery was necessary due to there being no loose fragments that had broken off in her wrist. Syd was of course very unhappy about the situation, no wrestling for six weeks wasn't what she intended and she knew that Vince and Adam would have a lot to say about it but there wasn't much she could do about it now except wait.

 Syd was of course very unhappy about the situation, no wrestling for six weeks wasn't what she intended and she knew that Vince and Adam would have a lot to say about it but there wasn't much she could do about it now except wait

One person who had arguably been feeling worse about the situation was demi, her guilt had overcome her and now she felt as though she didn't deserve to be the protector she had promised she'd be for Sydney. Only if she really knew that Sydney really loved her for who she was, without being this protector, all Sydney cared about was Demi's happiness...