Awakening Power

Crystal's POV

It was finally the day Inpu was going to take Crystal and Lotus to the underworld, Crystal wasn't sure how she should dress for it, so her mind was running crazy thinking about what she should do.

'Do I wear bright colors or dark colors? it's the underworld, wouldn't it be dark colors? I'm totally going to make a mess of myself because of this'

Phoenix and Dove were in the corner of the room, watching her run back in forth.

Eventually, Phoenix walked over to the closet and starts to point at a few different items.

Crystal pick them up and put them on the bed, trying to get an idea on what to do based off what Phoenix pointed at.

She eventually settled with a black crop top with gold lining on it and a black skirt that was open in the middle where it changed into shorts, there was a golden trim on the back of the skirt and it looked very cute.

Afterwards, Crystal went back over to the closet and grabbed a purple flower pin and put it on the side of her head with her brown eye to even out the color. (Forgot to say earlier, but Crystal has heterochromia, otherwise known as different color eyes, her right eye is purple and her left eye is brown)

She looked back at Phoenix for approval, and she didn't give any sign that she disapproved.

"Phoenix, you ready to go?"

Phoenix just wagged her tail while Dove let out a small chirp.

"You're going to be ok Dove, I trust that Bryan will take good care of you for the night"

Crystal started to head outside followed by Phoenix and Dove and she started to walk over to where Nightmare was in the field.

Moon wasn't far from Nightmare, so Dove flew over to her and sat on her saddle while Crystal was putting a lead onto Nightmare so she wouldn't need to worry about him running off.

Nightmare wasn't fighting it, which was strange, he hated having to be on a lead.

He wasn't moving once it was on, which Crystal found odd, and she started to walk away to make sure she didn't forget anything before she left.

Moon had walked over to where Nightmare was which made it clear that Nightmare had an idea on how to get Crystal's attention.

Both horses walked over to the barn where Crystal was checking her bag.

"Why are you both following me? I already fed you both"

Nightmare had started to push his nose at Moon's saddle, which led to a few seconds of confusion, then realization hit.

"You want me to put a saddle on, but you never let me ride?"

Nightmare just stared for a few seconds, then Crystal grabbed an extra saddle for Nightmare and put it on him.

As soon as Crystal finished securing the saddle, Inpu and Lotus walked in.

"I thought you said Nightmare didn't like having people ride him?" [Inpu]

"Usually he doesn't, but today he was bugging me to put on riding gear" [Crystal]

"Well, I guess today is a day for change then!" [Inpu]

Lotus walked over to Nightmare and tried to pet him, he moved his head away, which Lotus expected, so they weren't surprised when they couldn't.

"You think he'll ever let me pet him?" [Lotus]

"Maybe, I think the whole guardian thing makes him more fierce, so maybe once he gets his second chance at life he will" [Crystal]

"Well, if you and your animals are ready to go, then we should probably leave soon" [Inpu]