Family

Bryan's POV

Bryan knew that Inpu got home in the middle of the night, he just didn't have any energy to move and say "hi" when he got back.

He got out of bed and found a note that explained what had happened in the underworld the day before, when he saw the part that explained what happened to Crystal, he figured it would be a good start to find her.

She probably went back with them, so she probably wasn't far.

He headed outside to where they had the horses which was where he saw her.

Crystal was just feeding them, Dove was on her shoulder and Phoenix was sitting closely by her feet.

"They seem to trust you a lot" 

She turned her head, she probably couldn't hear Bryan walking up behind him.

"I'd like to think they do, Nightmare is a bit of a stretch, but I know Moon trusts me, she doesn't even try to fight me if I need to do something with her"

"Do you ever try to race with them"

"I think Nightmare would make a great race horse, however, he's never let me ride him, he did let me put on ridding gear yesterday, so I'm getting somewhere with that"

"Nightmare kinda reminds me of my old horse, I won a few races with my old horse, so I don't see why Nightmare won't let you try"

"I wish I could try to race with him, but I'm not going to force him"

Crystal just started to pet Nightmare, which gave Bryan an idea.

"Put riding gear on Nightmare then meet me on the beach, I'm going to help you figure out how to ride him"

Bryan started to walk over to the beach, he quickly looked back and saw Crystal doing exactly what she was told.

Eventually, Crystal got over to the beach with Nightmare, Bryan put one hand on Nightmare's side to make sure he wasn't going to try anything that would hurt either of them.

"How much do you know about riding?"

"I know that I need good balance, it's the main reason I was hesitant to try this right away, I just got my wings and tail, I have next to no balance at the moment"

"Well, I guess that's a start, you also need to understand how this one will react based on your emotions"

"So...should I start by getting on?"

"Yup, you need a boost?"

Crystal started to get up and Bryan gave her a tiny boost.

Nightmare seemed unbothered, Crystal was clearly gripping the saddle at hard as she could, not wanting to fall.

"Don't grip that hard, you need to be calm, I'll make sure you don't fall"

Crystal slightly loosened her grip and her wings slightly moved.

Bryan started to move in one direction while holding onto Nightmare while Crystal just tried to keep her balance.

They just started by going in circles, then going from one side of the beach to the other.

Nightmare had started going faster as they walked and eventually caused Bryan to let go.

Crystal quickly gripped the reins and started to use her wings to keep her balance, she tucked her tail right up to her back to try and remove extra weight so she wouldn't become unbalanced.

Bryan walked over to the side and just watched the 2 of them run around for a bit, he couldn't help but remember times he had tried to race with Helios the way the 2 of them were doing it.