Uneasy Feeling

Bryan's POV

It was a few days after they had attempted to train Crystal, it wasn't an eventful day so far, but it also wasn't quiet either.

Bryan was just trying to walk around camp to clear his mind, however Mitch wasn't making it easy.

Mitch was attempting to talk to Bryan so he could insult him, since Bryan came back, he tried hard not to let Mitch get under his skin.

"If you keep walking away, its just proving that you're no stronger than you were all those years ago"

"I'm walking away because I can't deal with any of your insults right now, I have stuff to do to help the camp unlike you"

Bryan stopped and looked at Mitch who was trying to think about what to say next.

"Damn, so he can make insults but can't take them?"

Both of them looked over and noticed Crystal and Phoenix walking by.

Crystal proceeded to walk over to the 2 of them, Phoenix following shortly behind.

"You sure this one is a demigod, she seems more human" [Mitch]

"If I weren't a demigod, that would make my whole existence a lot stranger" [Crystal]

"With what I've seen you do, yeah, it would make it a lost stranger" [Bryan]

Bryan and Crystal let out a slight laugh while Mitch got closer to Crystal.

Both Crystal and Mitch were looking each other in the eyes now.

"How long have you been in camp?" [Mitch]

"About a week, why, don't think I belong here" [Crystal]

"Since you're asking, you'd be correct, I don't think you belong here" [Mitch]

"Ok, that's enough you 2" [Bryan]

Phoenix jumped onto Crystal's shoulders so she could look Mitch in the eyes while Crystal turned to look at Bryan.

"Can you get your dog to stop staring at me?" [Mitch]

Crystal didn't respond and lifted her wrist slightly.

"I got the suppresser off" [Crystal]

"Wasn't expecting to hear that today, how do you feel?" [Bryan]

"It feels amazing! well, other than the fact I cut my hand when I got it off" [Crystal]

"I'm clearly missing something, can one of you explain" [Mitch]

"Long story short, this 1 was in a place that was trying to experiment with demigods, or so we think, and she just found out and escaped" [Bryan]

"That just sounds like bull crap" [Mitch]

Mitch took a step closer to Crystal and she just took a step back, something was just telling Bryan by the way Mitch was acting, that he knew something that nobody else knew.

A random sound accrued, it was just a small animal getting into something, but Mitch and Bryan looked in that direction while Crystal quietly went behind Bryan.

Bryan looked at Crystal, she had fear in her eyes, almost like the first time she interacted with anyone from camp.

'She hasn't shown any fear in a few days, why is she showing it now'

Shortly after, 1 of Mitch's guards came over, whispered something into his ear, and they left.

Crystal calmed down and Phoenix got down.