Chapter 9

The ten decided to wander around Han River since it was late at night and the chance of anyone getting recognized was slim.
Everyone still covered their faces with masks and hats.

„Can I ask you something?" Chan walked next to Danbi, Hands inside the pockets of his jacket. It was a chilly night as it was only early April. He looked at the smaller female, waiting for her to answer.

Danbi looked away from her brother and the rest of the boys walking in front of them up to him. Everyone seemed to be in a conversation with each other.

„Sure."

It was something Chan had on his mind since her brother appeared in the practice room a few hours ago.

„You told us that you usually stay behind the camera," Chan started. „But you are so natural in what you just did today. But does it have to do with having a well-known Idol as a sibling?"
He looked at her, genuinely interested.

Danbi took a second on how to answer this, taking a breath.

„Don't get me wrong, I'm his biggest fan and will forever support him and the members," She watched Minho laughing at something Felix said.
„But he chose to live this public life. And I adore Shawols to pieces but I think, we both know how there is little respect or understanding for the privacy of the families."

Their eyes met again under the dim light of the lamps.

"Because of this, I decided to study abroad and be an intern oversea before moving back. I don't want people to say I get certain opportunities due to having a famous brother. It's my hard work that landed me the job I currently have," Danbi explained.

She hugged herself. To shield herself from the chilly breeze and comfort herself. It was her first time talking about this so openly but she knew Chan would understand her. Better than anyone.

"Are you concerned about the reactions when the show airs in a few weeks?"

After spending the whole day with the Idols, Danbi noticed how Chan just knew what to say when or how to say something. He picked up small details. Thought ahead.

Danbi looked away, eyes moving over the skyline of the city on the other side.

"Honestly, no. It will be hard to not listen to the negative comments but at the end of the day, I know best that I worked for my position and don't take the trust from my manager and coworkers for granted." She voiced her thoughts.

Her eyes wandered back to Chan. His whole attention was still on her. She could see that he smiled under the mask with the eyes turning into
half moons.

"And after what happened the past two years, I just want as much privacy as I can have." She rubbed over her upper arms.

Before Chan could say anything, Danbi answered his question.

"But I don't regret that I had to film with you guys and had the opportunity to meet again. Even if it means that I will be in the public eyes more." She smiled an honest smile.

"I'm glad about that then. I despise it to make someone uncomfortable because of our job." He returned the smile.

They continued to walk next to each other in silence, watching the rest of the group in front of them bickering and laughing.

It felt like a small break to them, even though the next day would be a long one with practice and a show in the evening.

"Are you cold?" Chan noticed how Danbi continue to rub her arms as the breeze picked up a bit. She changed back into her clothes after Minho had everyone invited for the dinner.

It was simple. A white turtle neck with a black skirt, tights and a pair of chunky boots, an oversized coat was covering the outfit currently.
Danbi had kind of wrapped it around herself to keep the wind out.

"It's alright. It's just the wind that makes it colder than it is." She assured him.

Chan had already taken off his jacket, a huge black bomber jacket.

"Here. It will keep you warmer." Danbi stopped and looked at his outstretched hand with the heavy jacket. "Give me your coat."

"Then you will get cold." Danbi hesitated. Chan wore only a sweater.

"I'm fine. I don't get cold easily. It was honestly too warm for me." Chan held out his other hand for her coat. "It's alright."

Danbi let the coat slip off and handed it to him, before taking his jacket. It was ginormous on her. The sleeves were too long, covering her hands, it covered her to the middle of her thigh. But it was warm, still warm from his body temperature.

"Thank you." Danbi struggled to close the zipper because her hands kept getting covered by the sleeves. Chan reached for it and fastened it up without thinking.

The female couldn't help herself and blushed at the sudden closeness. Thankfully it couldn't be seen in the dark by him.

"There you go." Chan smiled and stepped back. An adorable sight, to see her throwing in his jacket.

What the pair didn't notice, was that the group had stopped and watched the interaction smiling.

"He likes her a lot already," Han whispered to Felix.