Chapter 12

"We could've stayed longer for you to finish your work."

Danbi and Chan were on their way down to the car park. The female had followed the leader to pick up his laptop from the recording studio.

"Chan, it's fine," She looked at the taller. "I promise." Chan was a bit taken aback when he held her pinky finger out to him. He couldn't help himself and chuckle at the adorable gesture before wrapping his finger around hers.

The pair smiled at each other.
The sound of the elevator reaching the destinated floor interrupted the silence, the moment between them.

Danbi took out her keys and stepped towards the vehicle, hidden beneath others. A simple, black SUV.

"Let's go," Chan put his backpack with his jacket on the backseat before climbing in, settling down in the passenger seat. "I'm starving, to be honest."

His stomach made itself noticeable with his words, rumbling loud. Hers joining. Both looked at each other and broke down in laughter.

"Let me bring us to the food," Danbi turned on the car, connected her phone to it and selected a playlist before driving off, leaving the buildings underground.

The pair had fun, vibing to different genres of music, singing and even doing parts of the choreography at red lights, being comfortable in the presence of the other person.

"Your voice is beautiful." Chan complimented the female after finishing the first karaoke session, turning the music down a bit.

The female blushed at his words. "Thank you."

He looked at her side profile, the big eyes focused on the road. "Have you ever thought of doing it professionally?" Chan heard enough People sing, male and female, to know that hers was one of a kind and had a lot of potentials.

Danbi moved her head to look at him for seconds before focusing on the road ahead. She shook her head, the hair framing her head slightly bouncing.

"No," Danbi moved her hands on the stirring wheel a bit, gripping it tighter. "It was always a skill for me, something I was naturally good at but I never had the passion for the music itself like Minho. The creating, making, and writing. "

"We need to go left on the next intersection," Chan told her. "Okay-"

"And after seeing the hardships and everything else that came with being an Idol at a young age, it scared me. No, it never crossed my mind." Danbi explained, remembering how she felt when Shinee first debuted and with the love and support the hate and greet swept over the group.
And eventually taking away one of them.

"I was more fascinated by the camera works, capturing the right angles, the lighting and sound. Making moments last forever." Danbi smiled, turning on the signal before changing lanes.

Chan listened to her, seeing the emotion of faint memories written across her face.

"I've done that ever since I was a child, filming each and everyone," Danbi remembered how she got on the nerves of everyone around her with her film camera, interviewing them about the smallest things.

"My parents gifted me my first own camera when I was six or seven after I always used up the storage on theirs," A laughter escaped her. A fond memory. "I bothered them every single minute, interviewing them, making sure I had the best angles. Sitting them down and asking the weirdest question."

A sad but loved-filled smile rested on her lips. "I'm glad my younger self did it." Her eyes wandered to him, meeting his sorrow-filled ones. The dark brown eyes never left her.

"I'm sorry." Chan was usually good at expressing himself but with her he noticed him being more than once at the loss for words, not wanting to say something wrong and hurt her.

"Thank you." It was enough for her. Enough to tell her that he knew that the pandemic took the people she loved the most. One of many families torn apart by the deadly virus.

"Uhm... we are there."