Chapter 23

Thank you so much for the 2k reads. Almost 3k at this point.
I can't believe how fast we reached that milestone after just hitting 1k.
Thank you so much!!!
I hope you enjoy it very much and stay tuned
- 🐻

✧・゚: * ✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧ *:・゚✧

"Bi," Minho held the tear-covered face of his sister in his palms. "Talk to me. What is going on?"

After his manager dropped her off at her apartment like how she told him, Danbi broke down. Crying and shaking. Not the best form to drive in but she did.
Now she sat on Minho's stool in his studio, covered in tears and struggling to breathe. Minho had seen her in this stage many times throughout his life, always being able to pull her out of the panic attack she was having.
It was the first time he felt helpless.

Minho wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close to his chest and rubbing her back.
„Shhh." He kissed the top of her head, resting his chin on it.

Danbi eventually calmed down, and the shaking stopped. Taking a deep breath before opening her eyes. She pushed Minho gently away to look at him.

„Bi," He whipped the tears from her face. „Please talk to me. What happened?"

Danbi looked down at her hands in her lap. „You know what the meeting at JYP was about."
Minho nodded, not wanting to interrupt her.

„I signed another NDA," her voice broke. „But that's not the problem." A sob escaped her.

"Breath, Danbi," Minho told her concerned. "Please." He kept rubbing her arms, hoping it would help her calm down.

"I'm so scared, Min," Danbi hid her face behind her hands. "This can end so badly. Not even for them. For you as well."

She didn't even think one second about herself. It sounded selfish but she could start over, go to another company and work there behind the cameras again and disappear.

His brother, his member as well as Chan and his were living their dreams of being an Idol, writing music and performing. They couldn't start over. None of them would be as happy with a different job even if they stayed in the industry.

Danbi knew she would be happy anymore in this life if she turned into the reason why these important lost what they loved to do the most.

"Please, Bi. Calm down." He pulled her close to his chest again. "You don't need to be scared. You have the best lawyers on your side as they have theirs. Nothing will be published and any rumours will run into a dead end." Minho rubbed her back.

"And I will always have your back." Minho kissed her head.

✧・゚: * ✧・゚:* *:・゚✧ *:・゚✧

Danbi decided to keep a distance from the Idols for the next few weeks. They were still in contact, but not daily.

While Chan and Felix flew back to Australia before the new album's release and the other members visited their families as well, Danbi took a few days off and travelled with her brother to Jeju.

Being away from the city helped her to relax, and think less about what had happened and what could be the outcome in the worst case.
The Choi siblings both decided to remove any social media apps from their phones and shut out the world.

"I think I will buy a house here, someday." Minho looked over at Danbi, taking in the sun. They spent the morning exploring new parts of the island as they had both been here before and then choose a smaller beach to spend the afternoon.

They went swimming, had a water fight and then laid down to try up.

"I hope there will be room for me then." Danbi smiled, not moving to look back at him.
"You know the answer to that, Bi." Minho chuckled and sat up to see what time it was.

"Let's pack everything up and head back. I'm getting hungry." Minho rubbed his stomach before getting up.

"Mhm." Danbi didn't want to. "But okay."

An hour later the siblings walked to a restaurant near their hotel near the beach. An elder woman showed them their table in a more private part of the outside dining area.

"Thank you." Danbi thanked her when she came back for their menus and took their offer for drinks.

"Can we share?" Minho asked her while turning the page. So many options to choose from. "I wanted you to ask the same thing." Danbi chuckled.

The siblings decided together which dishes they wanted to try and ordered after the woman returned with their drinks.

"Cheers to this small getaway." Minho smiled at Danbi. "I'm glad we are together here."

Her smile was the most genuine it had been in a long time. "Cheers to that."