Chapter 28

Thank you so much for 10k reads. It's unbelievable to me that this book reached that so fast.
Here is a little filler chapter.
#Chanbi Story will take off soon.

I hope you enjoy it. ♡
-🐻

✧・゚: * ✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧ *:・゚✧

It started snowing by the end of November.
Seoul was covered in a blanket of snow, making the city look more magical. But also taking away some of its colours.
It used to be her favourite time of the year. When everything was glistening in the light.

And now it was a reminder of her loss. It happened at the beginning of December. Her parents had sent her pictures of the first snow days before. Bittersweet for her being on the other side of the globe.

Everything happened so fast. The second wave of covid, a mutation of the previous virus hid the world. More aggressive than before.
No one knew if the vaccine would do its job. The fear grew again.

Her parents were one of the first, Danbi knew that got infected. Within days their symptoms got worse. Her mum called the ambulance after her husband collapsed. Both were taken immediately to the hospital and within a few hours put on the ventilators.

Danbi had searched for a way to fly back to Korea, the moment her parent's tests came back positive. It didn't exist.
And ultimately the Choi siblings knew what would happen.

On December 3rd 2020 at 2:45 am their Dad passed away due to the infection. Two days later their mother lost the battle at 5:34 pm.
The world stopped spinning for the siblings, only having each other miles away.

December. A month that was supposed to befolgen with unconditional love, carefreeness and joy as the year-end neared and the fest of joy came.

For them, it was filled with a form of love unconditional in a heart-drenching way. Love for the people that they weren't able to hug again, celebrate with or even call with being thousands of miles away.

Starring at an Instagram Profil. That last post was dated November 20th, 2017. There wouldn't be another upload. Half a decade had gone by.
Or now listening to the last voice notes of their loved ones that gifted them lives years ago.

No more hugs. No more laughing together. No more jokes. No snowball fights and snow angels.
Only memories of what they loved to do when the snow came and stayed.

December was a cruel month for the Choi Siblings yet so beautiful. Remembering how lucky they had been to have had these people in their lives to turn the so-called most beautiful time of the year so dim and cold.

Tears were running down her face. She didn't want to cry. They would want her to smile and remember the good day, the smiles and laughter they had shared.

✧・゚: * ✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧ *:・゚✧

„Stop," Danbi wiped away the tears harshly with the back of her hand before making sure her makeup was still intact. She left the bathroom and was greeted again by the voice of her brother, talking to Shawols.

Today was his birthday, turning 31. And he spent it with the ones who gave him the most strength and love ever since his debut. His first solo album had just dropped days before completing the collection.

Danbi made her way back to her seat, a bodyguard following her to ensure her safety. The fans attending were very respectful, only bowing at the sibling of the beloved Idol and some shyly waving at her and filming the interaction. She smiled and waved back at them, blushing under her mask.

„Everything alright?" Ki-bum leant over to her after Danbi sat. She nodded. „I'm a bit overwhelmed." There was no need to lie to the Idol that she considered a second family with other members.

They had watched her grow and even to some degree raised her. Always checking in on the younger female, the biggest priority is her being content.

The older pulled Danbi into his side, rubbing her arm. She meant her head against his shoulder.

„I know, Bi." He mumbled, eyes on his members on stage. „I know."