Chapter 37

Being with Chan was easy, and uncomplicated.
And so were the first few months of dating.
After a rough start with finding a way to see each other at least once a week with their busy schedules and when the group wasn't overseas, the pair grew even closer and Danbi's friendship to the rest of the members flourished.

They were always excited for her to come over and spend a day or evening with her, playing games and watching movies.

Some days, Chan spent the day working with Jisung and Changbin in his studio, at least one or two members would make plans with the female and occasionally she would spend her home office days editing while the group had rehearsal.

Their management knew about the relationship very early on, so there would be no problems with seeing each other. The only condition: is to be not seen anywhere and start rumors again.

Somehow Danbi and Chan were able to go on regular dates, go out for Dinner, watch a movie and even visit an art gallery Hyunjin had told them about.

Most of them happened with a lot of sneaking or ungodly hours, or Chan renting something out.

The last part was new to her and made her protest but after physical touch, Danbi quickly learned that spending quality time was Chan's biggest love language.

✧・゚: * ✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧ *:・゚✧

"Missed you," Danbi was engulfed in his arms, her cheeks squished against the trained chest. His head resting on hers.

"I missed you more," Danbi mumbled.
They just came back from their last tour stop in Los Angeles. The leader came from the airport to her apartment.

"That is impossible, Bi," Chan leaned away to see her face and showed his dimples. She returned it, giggling a bit when he pulled her close again before leaning down to finally kiss her.

No matter how many times he did, warmth spread through her whole body, making her mind go fuzzy.

To steady herself, her hands grabbed the fabric of his hoodie.

Time stood still for the couple.

"Mhm," Danbi let her eyes stay closed after Chan rested his forehead against hers. Both smiled, being happy to have each other back.

"I've got you something." The older male whispered after a few seconds, leading to her opening her eyes.

"To celebrate 100 days." Chan smiled, letting his eyes from the happy half-moons Danbi adored from the very beginning.

The day before the last concert in LA, they reached this day but with being on different continents they decided to celebrate when the Idol was back.

Chan wanted her to pack a bag for an overnight stay. He would not tell her no matter how much she begged.

Only to back something comfy and something more chic as he wanted to take her out.
Pouting while doing what he wanted, Danbi couldn't help herself and squeal more than once.
Even after more than three months of dating the leader, she couldn't believe how lucky she was.

Her world was less cold and lonely since she moved back to her home country and met him on the very first day, minutes after arriving.

She realized even when they weren't speaking to each other over the summer, she knew she had someone to rely on no matter what.
And with him seven more amazing people.

It was like the colour of the world was painted over, letting her see everything in brighter colours.

He made her feel safe and protected. And happy again.
Each day she had something to look for. Even if it was just a text or FaceTime call before it got crashed by the members.