Chapter 25

"Happy Birthday!"

Minho took his hands away from Danbi's eyes.
She had held onto his wrists while he walked her to his surprise. He had told her that he had a plan for the evening and asked her to close her eyes before arriving, so she wouldn't see that he didn't stop in front of the restaurant.

He rented out a room in the heart of the city on the highest level of a skyscraper. Beside one wall, everything was glass showing the surrounding outside area. To prevent accidents this high up the railing were over two meter-tall glass pieces showing the City at night.

Staff had decorated everything in black and white, with silver being the accent colour. Balloons were everything, most of them against the ceiling, some tied together to the ground.

Spread across the room bar tables with white roses in the middle as decoration. To her left against the only solid white wall were pictures of her project with a beamer, showing memories of her younger self.

Across from that wall was a buffet, filled with her favourite foods and beverages. To her right was a photo station with balloons spelling her new age, and different headpieces laid on a table. Playing in the background were her favourite artists.

Danbi had tears in her eyes, seeing everyone standing with a huge smile in front of her. She still held onto Minho with one hand while she covered her mouth with the other. It was shaking.

People she loved dearly filled the room. Most of them were part of the Industry her brother worked in, most of them being Idols and staff members, she knew since Shinee's debut. Mixed between them stood a few colleagues and a few friends from her school days whom she still saw regularly.

"Suprise and again happy birthday." Minho himself had tears in his eyes, seeing her reactions. A sob escaped her before she wrapped her arms around his neck. They held each other close.

"Don't cry. We still need to take pictures." Minho carefully taped away the tears, rolling down her face. Danbi laughed and blinked up the ceiling to stop the tears from falling.

"Thank you so much." She hugged him again, arms wrapped around his middle.

✧・゚: * ✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧ *:・゚✧

Seeing everyone gathered around, showed how many people loved and adored the now 22-year-old. Her smile never went down.

She talked to every single one, thanking them for the present and caught up. Took a million photos in groups, as a pair and alone. A warmth filled her the whole time.

"The cake should be delivered any time," Minho told her. "Special delivery." Danbi was now curious about what it could be.

"Did some say cake?" A familiar, deep husky voice made her turn around. With huge smiles on their faces, the eight Idols stood in front of her.

"Felix." Danbi almost jumped into his arms. She wrapped her arms around his neck. He caught her, using the momentum to spin her. "Happy Birthday, Bi." He chuckled before putting her back onto her feet and handed her a huge bouquet fitting the theme of the party.

Despite not seeing each other due to their schedule and what had happened in August, they grew close. The other members called her his twin as Danbi turned into a ray of sunshine similar to Felix once she was comfortable around people.

"And now we are not the same age anymore," Jeongin hugged her, bending to her level. "Happy birthday, Bumble Bee."
"We are in like less than four months." Danbi chuckled and ruffled his hair, making him pout. "Thank you."

"Happiest birthday, fellow Scorpio." Minho wrapped his arms around her small frame. It was the first time he hugged her like this. Usually, they would greet each other with a side hug in the past. Danbi enjoyed it.

"Come here, birthday girl." Changbin picked her up and squeezed her to make her laugh, rocking them side to side.
Hyunjin put a small tiara on her head before bending down, pulling her also into a tight embrace. An exception for him and other members that didn't like skinship as much as others. "Missing piece for a princess and I hope you had a wonderful day. "

"Thank you. It only gets better." Danbi smiled before Seungmin engulfed her in another bone-crushing hug. "Happy, happy birthday, tiny one."

They both laughed. Seungmin always said this to her, he even had her saved like this. All members were taller than her by then centimetre. Next to Seugnmin and Hyunjin, she looked tiny.

"A little present from all of us." Jisung hugged her as well, strong arms holding her close to his chest. They were close, being there for each other and understanding what the other was going through with their mental health.
He handed her a small bag, hiding the present with tissue paper.

After Jisung stepped aside, Danbi noticed how everything had gathered around and the melody of the birthday song started to play.
Chan stood in front of her, holding the simple white cake with her age and decor while her brother lit the candle.

Everyone started to sing for her while Chan moved closer. He smiled, making the dimples appear. It seemed a bit shy, reminding her of the first time they had met after the airport incident and probably talked.

Once everyone had finished, Chan stood in front of her. Her eyes were filled with tears again, she felt loved by the people around her.

"Make a wish." Chan encouraged her and watched how she folded her hands over her chest, holding the flowers close as well as the bag and closing her eyes to think before blowing out the candles.
Everyone clapped.

Minho took the cake from Chan and placed it on the table. "Happy Birthday, Bi." He seemed to be hesitant for a second, but still pulled her into a tight embrace.

His arms wrapped around her small frame, and his chin rested on her shoulder. "May your wish come true." He whispered. Her arms wrapped around his middle, hands gripping slightly onto the fabric of his black dress shirt.

"Thank you, Chan."