Chapter 16

Danbi didn't care, she sang every song and swung her Nachimbong. She stood up for the wave that Jeongin created in between songs, laughing whole hearty when his reaction was on the big screens.

She had fun. Minho next to her, filmed her a lot of times, wanting to capture the pure joy-filled moments to look back at later.

The siblings both turned a bit shy when the kids mentioned everyone that came today. Family members and friends and the camera showed everyone sitting in the section with their pair.

Danbi and Minho were forced to stand up after the camera was focusing on them after the kids had managed to get another Idol behind them to dance a bit of the maniac choreography.
The siblings waved and formed a heart together over their heads with one arm each before sitting down.

Luckily for Danbi the head and mask hit her flushed cheeks, she still didn't like this kind of attention much. She knew that now even more eyes were on her for the rest of the concert.

It came slowly came to an end, the eight got ready to have their ending speeches. Danbi rested her head on Minho's shoulder.

"They did so well," Her voice was loud enough for him to hear. "Three days in a row." Her brother nodded and squeezed her hand.

Chan started to speak, eyes filled with tears. He talked about how he came to Korea and left everything behind for his dream, how the company treated him well and the years of being a trainee. A few tears rolled when he thanked his members and stay.

Hyunjin followed, and him talking about how he didn't deserve this love and support, let a few tears run down her face.
Jisung hugged him first before the red-haired male broke down, the rest of the members following to comfort him.

Danbi let the tears slip down when the camera showed Seungmin turned away from it, hiding his face with the green scarf.

He had a hard time talking but his words warmed her hard, shaking everyone for their hard work and how he didn't believe in forever but wanted this to last an eternity.

Changbin was next, holding his emotions in while explaining how Stray Kids and Stay were his dreams and promised he will never get sick to walk this was even if it was hard before the camera showed the black-haired Australian.

Seeing Felix clinging onto the lead when cries shook his smaller frame, Danbi helps herself and sniffled. A sight that broke everyone's heart.

They formed a group hug while the fans sang the lyric of Grow Up, Changbin need the pick up Seungmin and pull him into the hug.

All eight were crying, Felix having trouble breathing and holding onto the youngest.
It's was Chan next words that made Danbi smile through her tears.

His promise to protect Stay, his members and everyone close to him. It surprised everyone how angry and loud he got, even more tears slipping.

The males formed another group hug after Felix asked for it breathlessly. It warmed and broke her heart at the same time.

'Star lost' started to play as a farewell. The eight moved to the central part of the stage, singing along. And suddenly the whole arena was filled with green paper planes.

A few of them missed their destination. Danbi picked up one, that landed next to her. A quote was written in it. It made her smile.
She showed it to Minho. He smiled as well before throwing it in the direction of the stage.

"Let's go backstage and wait for them there." He helped her up and took the small bag he had given her earlier before walking up the stairs.
Security walked them behind the stage.

Danbi recognized a few faces that were already there that sat behind in front of them minutes before. A few were Idols, the others most likely family members and friends.

Everyone waited for them to come backstage.
Danbi took the water bottle a staff member gave her with a small bow.

Seconds later everyone clapped and the right engulfed their loved ones in tight hugs. Danbi could see from her spot in the back Felix still crying. A sight that made her pout.

Chan was the first one to reach her after hugging a few of the Idols and thanking the staff members who handed out water.

Danbi looked up at him, a smile resting on her plump lips. She had taken off her mask after arriving backstage like the others.
His face showed the perfect row of teeth and the dimples on his cheek.
Without asking him, she engulfed him in a tight embrace. Her arms were around the middle of his torso.

"Did you like the present?" Chan wrapped his arms around her as well, holding her close.

"Thank you," Danbi nodded. "It was amazing. You guys were amazing."

"The end was a bit embarrassing though. You can be honest." Chanel mumbled.

Her reaction was to immediately shake her head. "No, it wasn't, Chan. I loved what you said and your emotions only backed up your words, showing how much this meant to you. The members, Stay and everyone who has your back."
Danbi tilted her head a bit, still looking up at him.

Chan looked at her, a shy smile now on his lips.

"Thank you, Danbi."

Both were filled with the same warm feeling, smiling at each other.