Chapter 13

The dorm was filled with chattering and laughter when the last two entered. Both slipped on a pair of slippers before entering the apartment.

"Make yourself feel at home." Chan looked over the shoulder at the female, following him inside.
She smiled, and nodded, eyes wondering curiously.

"There you are." Hyunjin beamed when the pair entered the living space.
Danbi could see Minho and Felix in the kitchen, cutting up vegetables while something was already cooking on the stove.

Changbin put down the cutlery on the big table, humming a low tune to himself, Jeongin and Jisung appeared at the door next to the fridge with bottles of water and juice.

"Can I help you?" Danbi walked up to the beaming male who cut up a bunch of fruits before throwing it in a huge bowl. A fruit salad.

"You don't need to. You're our guest." He looked up at her with a charming smile.

"I want to," Danbi returned it. "Please."

The older male moved a bit on the bench, making space and handed her a spare knife.
Chan watched them grin at each other and begin to cut up the fruits in silence. For an unknown reason, it made him smile.

He stole a piece of Apple from her cutting board, smiling sheepishly before munching on the fruit.
Chan sent a wink her way before turning to see if he could help the two at the stove.

His expression made her laugh and blush, lowering her head a bit with hot cheeks.
Hyunjin watched the interaction fondly, seeing the leader so carefree and himself around the younger female was something almost foreign.

✧・゚: * ✧・゚:* *:・゚✧ *:・゚✧

"That tastes amazing." Danbi covered her mouth with her hands, eyes big. Minho couldn't help himself and smiled, the bunny-like teeth showing. Felix became a ray of sunshine, more than he already was.

"You need to teach me how to cook like that." Danbi almost moaned when the different flavours hit her though.
She never tasted anything like that.

"Gladly." Minho smiled, a warm feeling filling his chest after the compliment.

"Does that mean, you are coming over more often?" The youngest beamed, showing his dimples.

The female enjoyed the company of the eight artists, the conversations and connections found within the few times they met.

Vise versa for the eight Idols. They adored her after the few times they had met. It was so easy to talk to her, tell her the hardships and know she would understand as she had seen and still saw it first hand.

Danbi tried at any time to say something positive, making them realise that at any given moment there was something good to take from it.

Even after what had happened to her family, and the bad and hard days that followed the loss, she tried to see the good every day. Work hard and stay excited about life.

It was inspiring.

"I would love to," Danbi looked towards the leader to her right. His eyes were already on her. "But I don't want to distract or interrupt anything."

Chan's eyes widened at her words. He shook his head.

"Please, don't think like this. You are not." Chan reassured her, the member humming. "You know first-hand how everything works, what it means to be close to someone with a job like us. And we find always time for our friends and loved ones."

The males had hopeful looks in their eyes, waiting for the answer from the young women after Chan's little Speech.

"Okay." Small cheers and huge smiles broke out, and the youngest couldn't help himself and hugged the slightly older female from the side.
Danbi wrapped her hands around his arm, laughing and leaning into him.

Hyunjin snapped a picture of the moment., capturing the joy and platonic love forever and sent it into their group chat.

The beginning of beautiful friendships.