Chapter 4

[Please keep in mind that certain parts are not how things are or happened.]

"I have never done this before."
Stressed and overwhelmed was the ideal description for Danbi's current state.

"Danbi, You and I know you can do this. You were a part of every briefing and knew the schedule by heart. Please, it's too late to reschedule or change much."

Ahrin, her manager, begged her over the phone.
Jisu had called in sick at the very last minute as her COVID test came back positive.

Everyone needed to take a test before the interview, so the chance of anyone, staff or artists, getting sick would be minimized.

She had been the one planned for interviewing the Group and moderating the whole content. In front of the camera.

"I- okay." Danbi sighed defeated. There was no point in arguing. She was right. Danbi had been a part of the process and knew the needed details to ensure a great result.

"I will send the team a quick message about the changes and Sohee will get you ready. I owe you one big time, Danbi." The older sounded grateful, knowing the whole situation was going to be something out of Danbi's comfort zone.

Danbi chose to stay behind the scenes for various reasons. One the most obvious with her older brother being one of the five members of the group Shinee.

Most people Danbi encountered in her 21 years of life wanted to be on her good side to hopefully get close to the famous sibling. She learned it the hard way and ultimately figured to never let anyone too close to protect herself from getting hurt.

Another reason she didn't want people to think she got certain opportunities was due to her brother's status and not for the work she put in.

Said the Makeup Artist and Stylist stood beside the younger woman, watching her with furrowed brows. Sohee heard enough to understand what was going on. She gave Danbi a comforting squeeze on her upper arm before beginning to look for a new outfit.

„It's alright. Thank you for your trust." - „I have to thank you. I will talk to you later."

After they hung up, Danbi closed her eyes for a brief moment; taking a deep breath.

"Don't think about too much, Bi." Sohee came back with clothes trapped over her arm. Danbi looked at her with a pleading expression.

„See it as an opportunity. A challenge. We both know why you choose to stay behind the scenes, the cameras. Show them that you are more than the sister of an Idol." The older smiled encouragingly.

„You have the talent and charm to interview people. Enchant them with your personality like you did with the team. You have the skills." Sohee walked over to her after laying down the clothing and hugged her. „Believe in yourself."

„You always know what to say, Hee. Thank you." Danbi mumbled, wrapping her arms around the shoulders of her colleague.

The two of them immediately formed a bond after Danbi started to work for the company three months ago.

Kim Sohee was four years older and had studied abroad before moving back to Seoul to work in the entertainment industry. Both of them loved to dance and work out after work.

„Let's get you ready to meet the kids."

✧・゚: * ✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧ *:・゚✧

After an hour Sohee was done with her work. She redid the makeup of the younger female, retouched the hair and let her dress in the outfit Danbi had chosen in the end.

„Thank you so much." Danbi watched her reflection one last time in the mirror. She felt comfortable with the outfit choice of the older.
Sohee knew what the Idols would wear, so she chose colours to match, so it would be cohesive on camera.

"You're welcome, Bi." Sohee smiled at the younger female through the mirror.

"Let's go over to the other room and see how far everyone is with the set-up."