Chapter 55

(A picture of Brynn and Dain Ironfoot!!)

Looking over at the poor scared towns people I can tell they don't want to do this but need to to protect themselves. While the elves drawl their swords stepping forward ready to battle the dwarves. "All of you right now!" Dain shouts aggressively.

"Stand your ground!" Bard shouts gripping his sword tightly.

"Come now, Lord Dain." Gandalf says friendly while riding forward.

"Gandalf the Grey. Tell this rabble to leave, or I'll water the ground with their blood!" He shouts at Gandalf.

"Please! There is no need for war between dwarves, men and elves! A legion of orcs march on the mountain. Stand your army down!" I beg not wanting this war to start knowing there is potential danger just on the doorstep.

"He wishes nothing but ill upon my people! If he chooses to stand between me and my kin. I'll split his pretty head open! See if he's still smirking then! And then I'll do the same exact thing to you lassie if you don't keep yer mouth shut!" Dain spits at me while glaring at my father and then me.

"He's clearly mad, like his cousin." Father says loudly enough for Dain to hear.

"Father!? Not helping!" I shout back knowing it's only gonna add fuel to this massive fire.

"You hear that, lads?!" Dain laughs joining his kin once more. "Come on! Let's give these bastards a good hammering!"

My eyes widen as I cannot believe this is all happening as both dwarves and elves are getting ready to fight each other and I just look at father baffled he's willing to fight Dain. Just as they're getting ready to fight a low rumble is felt through the ground especially near the base of the mountain which makes us all turn around wondering what could be causing this rumble. Our unspoken question is soon answered as giant worms come out of the rocks baring large sharp teeth as they go back in the ground leaving giant holes in the ground. "Were-worms." Gandalf mumbles under his breath. Looking at the humans, dwarves, and the other elves they all look very shock at what we witnessed.

"Come on!" Dain shouts.

Staying quiet we watch as the dust of the clear from the air revealing Azog and some other Orcs standing there with a wooden contraption that I cannot describe for the life of me of what it's suppose to do, but from what I can make out I'm assuming it's signals....possibly. The quiet of everything disappears as the sounds of heavy footsteps can be heard from the holes that the were-worms has formed. Looking over at father he's already looking at me with an unreadable face.

"The hordes of hell are upon us! To battle! To battle, sons of Durin!" Dain shouts as him and his dwarves charge the oncoming Orcs.

Watching ten dwarves take out the Orcs I wonder why Thorin and everyone else haven't come out yet to help his cousin Dain out. "Why isn't Thorin fighting along side with his cousin?" I ask father bringing my horse closer to his elk.

He shrugs not phased by what's happening currently as Dain and his army fight the army of Orcs that have appeared. Looking at father I raise an eyebrow wondering why he's not doing anything.

"Thranduil! This is madness!" Gandalf yells to father.

"Uh father?" I question as I grip my daggers tightly seeing that the dwarves made a wall out of their shields as the orcs are approaching fast....I might add. He shifts his gaze to me and then back at the dwarves and just as the Orcs ready the dwarves our army of elves jump over the wall of shields and attack the Orcs killing them off very easily. Sighing in relief that the elves are fighting I notice some Orcs break away from the fight and make their way to the city.

"Azog! He's going to try and cut us off!" Gandalf shouts as he rushes towards the city.

"All of you, you back to Dale! Now!" Bard yells as he rides back to Dale.

Looking at father I stare into his steel blue eyes as I grip the reigns of my horse tightly. He stares back looking like he's having a mental debate with himself, but he nods slowly knowing exactly what I'm thinking. Nodding back I give him a warm smile before riding off to help the Bard and his army in Dale. Entering Dale I slash some Orcs to the ground ending their miserable life. While I take out more one shoots at my horse killing it on the spot. Falling off my horse I roll gracefully on the ground and look up to see I'm surrounded by Orcs I grip my daggers tightly knowing I'm going to have act fast. Standing up as one comes at me I stab it dropping it to the ground I turn around to take on the next one to see it's already dead on the ground with an arrow in it's back. Looking up I see Legolas taking out another one with his sword. "You really should keep an eye on your back lil' sis." Legolas says stabbing another Orc.

"Why would I need to when I have an older brother like you to look after it?" I ask slicing an Orc's neck.

He chuckles as we push our backs together so we have eyes on all sides. "Father let you come?" He asks as he blocks a sword.

"Not happily." I say kicking an Orc back.

"So you pestered him till he agreed." He states as grabs my arm and pulling me away and stabbing an Orc.

"Pretty much, he didn't really have a choice I was coming whether he liked it or not."

"I'm going to take a guess and say he didn't." He says.

"Correct." I say as we stab the same Orc at the same time ending our little battle for now. Looking at Legolas I smile and give him a tight hug. "Glad to see your okay."

"Same goes to you." He says hugging back. "Where's Thorin and his group? Why aren't they fighting?" He looks into my eyes.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
The war has officially begun and looks like Azog came prepared to fight. I wish Thorin would help why isn't he? He's the main reason the war happened, bud glad Legolas is safe. Please comment and vote!