Chapter 54

"You can't do that!" Kili says.

"Uncle, she's our friend, an ally, part of the company." Fili says.

"I have no allies, but the ones behind this wall and my fellow kin from the north-east, she is no ally nor friend of mine." He spits sending a glare at me while pulling an arrow back aiming it at my chest.

"ENOUGH!" Father shouts glaring at Thorin for even attempting to try and kill me. "We've come to tell you payment of your debt has been offered...and accepted."

"Payment? What payment? I gave you nothing! You have nothing!" Thorin shouts putting his bow down confused by my father's words.

Bard shakes his head and pulls the Arkenstone out of his brown jacket showing it to Thorin. "We have this."

The dwarves eyes widen at the sight of Arkenstone in Bard's hand wondering how he got it. "They have the Arkenstone? Thieves! How came you by the heirloom of our house? That stone belongs to the king!" Kili shouts defending his uncle who tried to kill me.

"And the king can have it, in our good will." Bard says putting the Arkenstone away. "But first he must honor his word."

"They are taking us for fools. This is a ruse, a filthy lie." Thorin shouts making sure we hear him. "THE ARKENSTONE IS IN THIS MOUNTAIN! IT IS A TRICK!"

"No it's not Thorin!" I shout back as Thorin glares at me. "The Arkenstone is not in the mountain we have the real thing."

"Liar! It's a trick! I do not believe you! I knew I couldn't trust the elf-scum you are!" Thorin spits and honestly that did hurt thinking Thorin was ready to let go of the past. 

"It-It's no trick. The stone is real. I gave it to them." Bilbo confesses to Thorin.

"You!" Thorin says.

"I took it as my fourteenth share." Bilbo explains.

"You would steal from me?" He asks in disbelief.

"Steal from you? No. No. I may be a burglar, but I like to think I'm an honest one. I'm willing to let it stand against my claim."

Watching Thorin throw is his bow somewhere he stalks towards Bilbo which worries me greatly knowing he is not himself and can do something horrible to Bilbo.

"Against your claim?! Your claim! You have no claim over me you miserable rat!" He shouts at Bilbo. Feeling my heart pound against my chest I grip the reigns of my horse tightly not liking what I'm hearing and seeing.

"I was going to give it to you. Many times I wanted to, but..."

"But what thief?!" Thorin interrupts Bilbo.

"You are changed, Thorin! The dwarf I met in Bag End would never have gone back on his word! Would never have doubted the loyalty of his kin!" Bilbo shouts trying to get through to Thorin.

"Do not speak to me of loyalty!" Thorin yells angrily. "Throw him from the rampart!" My eyes widen hearing this and I look over at Gandalf who doesn't say anything and just stays quiet staring up what's happening within the mountain. "DO YOU NOT HEAR ME!? Fine I'll do it myself!" He says grabbing Bilbo harshly pinning him to the edge of where they are.

"IF YOU DO NOT LIKE MY BURGLAR....then please don't damage him and return him to me! You're not making a very splendid figure as king under the mountain, are you? Thorin son of Thrain!" Gandalf shouts finally intervening.

Everything goes quiet for a moment then a rope gets sent over the edge and Bilbo slowly climbs down. Pulling on my reigns I ride over to where Bilbo is and stop once my horse is under the rope. Once Bilbo reaches the end he lets go and lands on the horse and I ride back over to where my father is bringing my horse up to his elk. "Thank you Brynn." Bilbo whispers.

"You're welcome." I whisper back as I look at Thorin sadly knowing the real Thorin is gone and cannot be saved especially after he was willing to kill Bilbo.

"Are we resolved? The return of the Arkenstone for what was promised." Bard asks looking away from me and Bilbo and back at Thorin. No answer comes from the mountain and I look over at Bard who seems very frustrated along with my father. "Give us your answer! Will you have peace or war?" Bard shouts.

No answer comes from Thorin as he stays behind his walls. "I will have war!" He finally shouts leaning over the barrier looking down at us with fire in his eyes.

Swallowing the lump in my throat I look over at father who raises his eyes brows as we hear horns blaring in the distance causing all to look over our shoulders to the vibrations of the heavy footsteps. "Ironfoot." Gandalf says as Bilbo jumps off my horse and goes to Gandalf.

"Ribo i thangail!" (Rush the shield fence) Father shouts as he rides through our army of elves with Bard and me following after him. Gandalf strides next to me with Bilbo keeping up with us on foot.

Meeting up with the dwarves of Iron Hills we come to a halt staring at Dain the lord of the Iron Hills with a strip of space between us. "Who's that? He doesn't look very happy." Bilbo points out looking at Dain.

"That is Dain, lord of the Iron Hills. Thorin's cousin." Gandalf explains to Bilbo.

"Are they alike?"

Gandalf looks over at me and we share a look before he looks back at Bilbo. "I always found Thorin the more reasonable of the two."

Dain rides up to a rock that's sticking out from the ground and stares at us narrowing his eyes. "Good morning! How are we all? I have a wee proposition, if you wouldn't mind giving me a few moments of your time. Would you consider...just sodding off!"

(A picture of Dain Ironfoot!!)

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Well now there's even more dwarves entering this war that Thorin has now proclaimed, probably because he has more people on his side. And Dain if Iron Hills does not seem like a very nice dwarf.....please comment and vote!!