Chapter 22

They start searching us again to make sure we have nothing for them of value and thankfully I don't have many things that have value, but for the dwarves I can't say. Especially Oin, the poor dwarf got his hearing trumpet crushed. "What are you doing in these parts?" The Great Goblin asks. None of us answer not willing to give in, but for me it's the fact that Bilbo isn't here and I have no idea where he is and if he's okay. Taking a deep breath the silence between us and the Great Goblin is thick very thick and I can tell he's getting impatient with us. "Well then, if they will not talk, we'll make them squawk! Bring out the Mangler! Bring out the Bone Breaker! Start with the youngest." He roars pointing to Ori.

"Wait!" Thorin shouts as he makes his way to the front of the group so he's face to face with the Great Goblin.

"Well, well, well, look who it is. Thorin son of Thrain, son of Thror; King under the Mountain." The Great Goblin exaggerates every word while dramatically bowing at Thorin's presence. "Oh, but I'm forgetting, you don't have a mountain. And you're not a king. Which makes you nobody, really."  He looks back up smirking at the words he said to Thorin

Thorin clenches his jaw and firsts wanting to do something, but knows he can't do anything since either it wouldn't get us anywhere or we'll get hurt. And knowing Thorin he wouldn't want to purposely put his company, his friends, his family in harm if he can prevent it. The Great Goblin laughs at Thorin's reaction as he leans back cackling before he starts coughing and wheezing then all of a sudden smirks. "I know someone who would pay a pretty price for your head. Just the head, nothing attached. Perhaps you know of whom I speak, an old enemy of yours. A Pale Orc astride a White Warg."

Thorin's head snaps up at what he says and furrows his brows glaring at the giant goblin. "Azog the Defiler was destroyed. He was slain in battle long ago." Thorin growls.

The Great Goblin raises his nonexistent eyebrows and chuckles obnoxiously. "So you think his defiling days are done, do you?" He cackles loudly like he's about to cough up his own lung as he turns a goblin sitting in a basket and talks with him.

While he keeps talking to the goblin I still can't help but think what happened to Bilbo and if he's okay or if he's having any better luck then us. After a few seconds the the basket goblin leaves and the Great Goblin turns around and starts singing his song and dancing awkwardly...yet somehow graceful at the same time. "Bones will be shattered, necks will be wrung! You'll be beaten and battered, from racks you'll be hung. You will lie down here and never be found, down in the deep of Goblin-town"

The other goblins cheer him on as they start singing along with their leader which starts hurting my ears and I wince at how bad they are singing. They keep singing the same verse over and over again while one of the goblin grabs Orcrist, Thorin's sword he gotten from the troll cave. Unsheathing the sword slightly he gasps and chucks on the ground which makes the Great Goblin stop his singing and dancing. Running back to his throne he trampled some more of his goblins and stands on his throne shouting while pointing to to the sword that's glowing and unsheathed. "I know that sword! It is the Goblin-Cleaver, the Biter, the blade that sliced a thousand necks."

Immediately we start getting whipped with long ropes along with biting us every now. Suppressing a scream as a goblin bites my leg, I grimace in pain while kicking the goblin in the face causing him to fly backwards. Soon goblins come down from their stands and jumps on Thorin pinning him to the ground while another one climbs on top of him with a knife in their hand. My eyes widen and I start trying to push my way through to get to Thorin to get the goblins off him as the other dwarves are yelling from the pain and watching their leader about to be beheaded.

Almost getting through the crowd of goblins and dwarves a massive explosion happens sending goblins flying in the air, destroying their torture weapons, and sending everyone else on their backs along with the Great Goblin. A very bright blue light follows with the explosion blinding us making us all cover our eyes to eliminate how much light is getting into our eyes.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Well now they're in trouble....but for how much longer? Bilbo is still missing and what's with the explosion? But at least Brynn was willing to put herself at risk to save Thorin from getting headed!! Please comment and vote!!