"Are You Awake?" (Castiel)

WARNING: Fluff, basically that's it

Words: 694

~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N POV

You were alone with Cas in the bunker. Sam and Dean were on a hunt, and they wouldn't let you come with them. You were a little mad because of it, so Cas promised you that he would give you some company.

It was a little awkward at first. Yeah, you've known Castiel for a while now, but you still didn't feel really comfortable around him sometimes. He was really nice and sweet, but also a little stiff and robot-isch. You could talk to him about everything, but you wouldn't just cuddle up to him when you're cold, which you do do when you're with Sam and Dean.

"Do you want to watch a movie, Y/N?" Castiel asks.

"Oh sure!"

You scroll through Netflix on you laptop to find a movie. You come across The Notebook, which you find a beautiful movie, but you were a little anxious to propose it. You know Dean would immediately make fun of you and call you 'a basic bitch, who watches chick-flicks'. You stay still on that movie a little longer than you meant to and Cas looks at you.
"Do you want to watch that one?" he asks. Shit. "Ehm, no. Yes? I mean- if you-" He cuts you off by clicking on the movie. You look at him in surprise as he takes off his trenchcoat and shoes, getting comfortable on the couch. He notices you staring and you quickly looked away. You get comfortable as well and watch the movie.

CASTIEL'S POV

We're in the middle of the movie Y/N picked out. I'm quite intrigued. I was about to propose to make some popcorn, when I notice that Y/N has been quiet for a while. Throughout the movie she would make little sounds or movements, but it was quiet. I look over and see that she was asleep. She looks peaceful and calm, a side of her I don't often see. I decide to lay her down. I gently put one of my hands on her lower back and the other on the insides of her knees. I lift her up a bit and lay her down on the couch. I want to grab her a blanket, but notice that my arm is stuck under her. I try to pull it out from under her, but it isn't successful. When I finally get it, she slowly opens her eyes. She looks me right in the face as I'm crouching down next to her.

"Are you awake?" I ask even though I clearly know.

She softly giggles. It was such a genuine and pure sound. It made me want to smile.

"Yes, obviously", she answers me. "Was I out for long?"

"No, I had just put you down actually. I'll leave you alone so you can get some rest. You seem to need it" I say.

"No, Cas, come on. Please stay, I'll stay awake. I promise."

I sit down next to her on the couch after she sat up. She wraps herself in a blanket, but she still shivers.

"Are you cold?" I ask. She nods while pulling the blanket closer to her.

Y/N POV

Next thing you know Castiel puts one arm around you, pulls you close and lays down with you.

"I hope that this will keep your a bit warmer", he says.

You can't help but blush. He's so sweet. Why were you to scared to cuddle up to him in the first place? I mean he's the perfect person to cuddle. He never gets cold. You cudlle up into his chest and sigh. You slowly feel yourself getting tired again. You don't fight it and let yourself fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~
NEXT MORNING

You wake up by a voice.

"Hey, what's this?" Dean asks pointing at you laying on Cas' chest. Sam and him just got back from the hunt they were on.

"Shut up, Dean", you warn. You got up and Dean immediately covers his eyes.

"Oh my God! Oh my God! Cas is naked! Where's his trenchcoat?!" Dean yells while walking away.

Drama queen.