Chp 42

*Peyton's POV*
(The next morning)

I finished combing Kaidens hair and grinned at my work before I kissed his cheek.
"My beautiful baby."
"Mommy! I'm a big boy!" He whined, pushing my hands away as he messed up his hair. I sighed as I watched his fluffy hair grow messy again and shook my head.
He grinned at our reflection in the floor length mirror just as Orion waltzed in, clad in a fancy work suit.

"Is this really necessary?" He complained, patting of his suit jacket.
"Of course it is, as far as the sanctuary staff is concerned we're a well known tiger-keeping family. We have our own sanctuary in the wilderness of Africa where the tigers can roam with other tigers and hopefully repopulate the species." I answered, picking up my four year old son who was also clad in an adorable little suit while making sure my pantsuit didn't wrinkle.

"You put way too much thought into this whole 'rescuing Olive' thing. I mean, in my opinion, she's a lot better in there." He sighed heavily and took Kaiden into his arms so I could fix my hair.
"Hush Orion. I'm not letting some dumb sanctuary get in the way of my friend and I making good memories."
"You were the one who ran off for four years." He muttered, shaking his head at our son.
"I'll give you five seconds to leave this room before I whoop your behind." I threatened, beginning to count on my fingers.

Before i could even hit 'two' he was out of the room with his tail tucked between his legs.
I chuckled to myself, checked the mirror one more time and then grabbed my purse before making my way to my gorgeous red Ferrari I decided to purchase after Olive and her family left.

I got in the passenger side to find Orion already waiting in the drivers seat, Kaiden bouncing his legs in his car seat in the back.
"Alright Kai, ready to go see some big kitty cats?" I asked my little boy who was grinning from ear to ear as my mate pulled out of the driveway.
"Yay! Roar!" Kaiden growled and I laughed, not missing the looks Orion shot me as we drove.

Luckily the drive was fairly short and we soon arrived at the expansive sanctuary. I got out first and got Kaiden free of the confines of his car seat as Orion exited the car. I allowed Kaiden to walk alongside his father without holding my hand as we walked into the crowded area, the gazes of dozens of animals finding us and following our movements as we pushed forward towards the tiger enclosure.

We stood directly in front of the bars where Olive was pacing back in forth.
"Look atchu, fitting in and whatnot." I joked with a smirk. She huffed and glared at me but it did little to deter me. I reached forward to pat her head when one of the staff in charge of the tigers ran over and pushed my hand away.
"Please ma'am, ref-refrain from touching the animals. Especially the tigers, this lot is still very wild." He stumbled over his words slightly as he noticed the expensive clothing we were wearing.

"I'm sorry, we just love these majestic creatures. We have an entire sanctuary in Africa y'know." I discreetly informed him, giving Olive a smile. Her tail flicked and she padded over to who I assumed to be Kate as the man scratched the nape of his neck.
"My manager informed me you were coming over, I apologize. Three females, one male. The male and that tigress spend an awful lot of time together. They're both older, where as the other two are younger. I'd say probably just barely adults."

Orion nodded at the information, his jaw clenching and unclenching as he thought to himself. The man took this as a bad sign and panic flashed in his eyes.
"All four of the tigers are being fed raw meat as they would in the wild, and no one bothers them. They're free to roam about how they wish."
"Not really," my mate accused.
"They're trapped in the confines of a cage, whereas in the wild they'd have plenty of space to roam. At our sanctuary we have hundreds of acres of land for these.... majestic creatures, this is pathetic." Olive grunted amusedly and Orion rolled his eyes.

"Y-yes of course. If you'll come with me to the office we can sign some documents and you'll be free to take them to your sanctuary."
"Mommy! I wanna pet the big kitty cats!" Kaiden cheered, tugging on my hand. The man shot me a look before leading Orion away and I brought Kaiden into the observing area; aka the area we could watch from the dens window.
"We can't pet them Kaiden. Not right now anyway." I chided, waving my hand to get Olive's attention.

She made her way over leisurely and cocked her head to the side, a question in her eyes.
"Where's the door? If the workers here find out our 'sanctuary' thing is a sham, we need a plan B." I explained, glancing around to make sure the path was empty. She glanced back for a moment before shifting into her human form, her skin darker with dirt and grime.
"If you're looking from the bars it's in the very back. It's hard to see, but I think if you walk that way," she pointed to my right.
"You'll eventually find a door or something. Good luck."
She shifted back just as Orion and the staff dude turned around the corner and I gave my mate a charming smile.

"So?"
"They're going to check out the sanctuary's website and legitimacy before were able to move forward with the process."
"Understandable. Thank you so much for your time." The staff guy nodded and hurried off, clearly unable to stand our presence any longer.
"Did you find the door?" Orion asked as soon as he was out of ear shot.
"Olive said it should be down that way." I answered, pointing in the direction my friend pointed just moments before.
"Let's see if we can find it. We'll have to come back tonight to get them out and it'll be so much faster if we didn't have to find the door."

I nodded and I picked up my son, who was gaping at the glass Olive had shifted in front of.
We made our way down the path, keeping an eye on the left side of the wall until we finally found a door that almost completely blended in with the fake cave walls.
I reached for the handle as another staff member ran over, yelling at me to stay away from the door. I sighed heavily and we sped walked away before he could get a good look at us, said a quick farewell to Olive and explained our plan before we left, piled into the Ferrari and drive back home to get Sage.