Chp 10

In case anyone was curious, the pic above is my dog when she was a puppy

In case anyone was curious, the pic above is my dog when she was a puppy...... I miss my baby );
On a happier note tho, I'm updating again and I think y'all will like this one cuz it's in someone else's POV. Enjoy!

*Orion's POV*

I wandered through the woods in my wolf form, Zayvian -my inner wolf- happy to finally be free. We ran around for a while before I heard a familiar whine from ahead. A growl escaped my lips and I pushed myself forward, looking around the area for the dog who made the noise.

I spotted Oreo curled up on a patch of grass, pitiful whines and whimpers leaving his muzzle. I shifted and ran over to him, quickly checking him over for any injuries. After finding none I stroked his back and surveyed the area carefully.
"What happened boy?" I asked softly, scratching behind his ears. He whined again and lifted his nose to point towards a tree.
I walked over, gaping as I noticed Peyton's bag lying in the grass, her weapons lying scattered around it.

She wouldn't just leave this here.....

I frowned and pulled out my phone, glad I got her brothers number, and dialed his number.
"Hello?" Aries answered on the fourth ring, sounding slightly annoyed.
"We have a problem. Like a big problem."
"No, you have a problem, I have an idiot who continuously has problems."
"Hurtful!"
"It's the truth and you know it. What's your problem?"
"Peyton's missing."

The line went silent for a second and I thought I lost connection before I heard something make a very loud crash. I winced.
"What do you mean she's missing!?"
"I'm not sure. She left with Atlas a few hours ago and I just found her bag with her weapons lying on the ground but she's not nearby, I don't smell her or Atlas."
"I'll be there in ten, don't move."
"Aye aye alpha." I replied, sighing after I heard the distinct 'click' the phone made as he hung up.
I looked back at Oreo and took a deep breath.
"We'll get her back boy."

~~~~

Not five minutes later Aries arrived and got to work sniffing around the area, including Peyton's bag to make sure he didn't miss anything.
I helped out, bring Oreo with me who kept whining at the ground.
We checked about a mile from the spot where her bag before come back to regroup and think of something.
"We've got to be missing something." I muttered, ignoring Oreo as he scratched at the ground.
"Well no duh Sherlock." Aries snapped, running a hand through his hair.

"Oreo quit scratching, we'll find her." I demanded, a feeling of dread filling me. He barked, nipped at my jacket and went back to scratching, obviously wanting me to check it out.
"Fine, move over." I huffed and pushed the pup out of the way before picking up whatever he was scratching at, my blood running cold as I studied it.
"A tranq dart." Aries growled and snatched it from my hand, sniffing the tip of it. His lips dipped into a scowl at whatever he smelt and wrapped it in a cloth before placing it in his pocket.

"We're going to Angel's. She'll probably have a better chance of figuring out if this is what I think it is." Aries ordered, leading the way back through the woods. Oreo and I followed, a frown on my face.
"What do you think it is?" I inquired softly, not liking the look on his face. He was quiet for a while, probably lost in his thoughts before he looked back at me, a deadly look in his eyes.
"Something that could kill her."

~~~~

Angel studied the dart with a grim look before nodding at Aries.
"It's definitely Nightshade. My question is, how do they know what she is? It's not like she goes around telling everyone."
"I don't even know what she is." I muttered, Zayvian pacing in my mind.
"She wanted it like that for a reason. What's important is we find her before they kill her." Aries informed me, glaring coldly at the dart.
(Nightshade is a real poison but don't bother looking it up lol it won't give anything away)

"We'll find her Aries." Angel promised, setting a hand on his shoulder. I frowned softly and looked down at Oreo, my heart aching for something I've never had. I never had that chance to have.
"I know. But it's not fast enough." Aries sighed heavily and pulled out a map of the area surrounding the school, including the spot we found Peyton's things.
"We need to start from where we left off...." He drew a circle , marking the approximate spot we should start looking.
"If we find anything suspicious or even anything could remotely be considered useful we'll regroup and figure it out."

"We'll find her. We won't stop until she's home safe" I promised, willingly the words to be true.
"I know we will, and when we do, you have some explaining to do." I raised my eyebrow questioningly but he didn't bother replying to my unspoken inquiry and went back to planning.

He can't possibly know..... right.....?
I mean you're not exactly the best liar.....

I rolled my eyes and pictured Peyton for a fleeting moment, my stomach becoming tight with knots. I shook it off and listened to Aries plan, occasionally throwing in an idea or two. After a bit he dismissed me and said he'd call when he'd come up with something more solid, I needed to get back to campus.