Chp 6

(^outfits up top^)

(^outfits up top^)

After we purchased the dress of my -reluctant- choosing, we went back to the school and hung out as we always do before classes. The days passed by as usual until the day of the dance.
We were about to head outside to the training grounds -all the equipment had been moved since the dance is outdoors- when we noticed several students gawking at the wall.

"What's their problem?" Kitty asked, quirking an eyebrow.
"No idea. Let's check it out." I led the way over and stared wide-eyed at the school wall, my body stopping on its own accord.
"What. The. Heck."
On the wall sat a mural of my face, grinning like I do whenever I accomplish something.
My eyes practically sparkled with excitement while my hair seemed to have been blown back by the wind or something. All in all, it was probably the best picture of me ever taken, the real question was, how'd it get onto the school.

"Surprise!" I spun around to see Aries striding towards me with the biggest grin the idiot could manage. I felt heat creep up my cheeks as I glared at my brother, knowing that he knows i hate being the center of attention.
"Happy birthday lil sis!"
"I'm going to strangle you."
"Nahhh you love me." He slung an arm over my shoulder.
"I can't believe you." I shrugged off his arm and faced him.
"You know how I feel about this kind of thing."

He just shrugged like it was the least of his concerns.
"Come to Angels tonight after the dance."
"How do you know about it?"
"Please, I'm paying for your classes and everything. Of course I'm going to know there's a dance."
"You are ridiculous." I shook my head and dragged my friends away, ignoring everyone's soft chattering around us.

"You never told us your birthday was coming up." Kitty frowned, her eyes accusing.
"'Cause I'm not one to celebrate." I shrugged.
"Well we still have to get you something."
"It's no big deal, seriously. Just drop it."
"I canttttt" I rolled my eyes at her whiny tone and shifted my bag slightly.
"Can we please just move on? Talk about literally anything else?"

"Fine. What are you gonna do if you find your mate?" She inquired, a smirk flitting across her lips.
"I'm almost 100% sure that if he were here we already would've met by now." Orion seemed to trip over nothing and barely caught himself before he face planted.
"I'm good." He muttered, righting himself before trotting off to his class.
"That was off..." Kitty just shrugged it off before going into what she would do if she met her mate.

~~~~

The dance was in full swing by the time kitty, Orion and I walked in. Kitty chose a very dark blue fitted dress that fell just below her knees with a sort of belt around her waist, Orion chose a dark blue suit and I chose a red dress with a floral pattern over the chest and waist that made my ice blue eyes pop.

We walked in and split up, agreeing we'd meet up at the food table in an hour if we hadn't found our mates. I, of course, went straight there and glanced at the desserts someone had been nice enough to prepare for this occasion while I waited for my friends.
About fifteen minutes in Atlas walked past in a black tuxedo with his hair slicked back with gel, quietly humming a song I recognized a little too easily. I snatched his elbow in the blink of an eye and made him face me.

"What was that? That you were humming?" I questioned, my grip on him tightening. I wanted to smirk as he flinched and tried to step away.
"My song. What's it to you?" He replied, his eyes seeming to sparkle in the light.

Or maybe that's just me.....

"No." I demanded, as if it were up to me.
"This isn't right."
"What....?"
"That's my song. Which means it's not your song. This can't be happening."
"I think you mean that's our song then." He smirked and tugged me away from the table gently, leading me into the dancing bodies of other students.

My thoughts raced as my mind wanted to deny what I'd heard, but I didn't struggle, allowing my mate to put his hand on my waist and lead me in a dance.
"We worked together everyday for weeks. How come we didn't find out sooner?" I questioned, my mouth finally able to form a logical sentence.
"It's not like we hung out after training, which we never had time to go around with the song." He shrugged lightly and gave me a smile.
"This changes a lot...."
"We'll figure it out."
"Yeah. I guess we will."

I smiled at him and we continued dancing until I couldn't. We walked back over to the food table, laughing, and I froze as I noticed my friends waiting for me. Kitty was watching me with an eyebrow raised and a grin on her face, whereas Orion was looking at the floor, his hair hair ruffled as if he's run his hand through it too many times.

"I see now why you ditched the plan." Kitty remarked, glancing at Atlas before returning her gaze to me.
"Technically I didn't ditch the plan, the plan was to meet here if you haven't found your mate. I did. Supposedly anyway."
"But it's Atlas."
"That's precisely why I'm not letting myself to too attached yet."

"Hey!" Atlas interrupted, frowning.
"It's the truth though." Kitty shrugged.
"We'll leave you two alone. Have fun."
I rolled my eyes at my friends backs as they walked away together and grabbed a cupcake, munching on it slowly.

A/N Ik Ik it's kinda lame and short but it's essentiallllll so I'm sorry. I'm also sorry for not updating sooner, my brain shut down and then I was busy basically all weekend. Which reminds me, Happy Halloween!!!! 🎃