Chp 2

(^Olive above^)A/N in case u didn't read it, I changed it so Olive is a cat shifter, not a werewolf, so that's what her cat form looks like

(^Olive above^)
A/N in case u didn't read it, I changed it so Olive is a cat shifter, not a werewolf, so that's what her cat form looks like

After basically sprinting to the cafeteria for dinner Olive pulled me over to table where a boy sat with messy black hair and light brown eyes. He spotted Olive's practically white hair as soon as we walked in and grinned excitedly, standing by the time we reached him.
"Aries, this is Orion, Orion this is my new best friend and roommate, Aries." Olive introduced, ignoring my fake cough.
"Just the roommate part, Nice to meet you." I interjected, offering him my hand.

Not

"Yeah, you too." He shook my hand politely and sat down, Olive pulling my in the seat beside him.
They began talking about nothing in particular and I pulled out my phone, disappointment flooding my being as I realize my brother hadn't texted me. I should've known he'd be too busy, I mean he has an entire gang to run so worrying about his sister who's at a school for supernaturals is probably the last thing on his list.

"Hey Aries! What do you think about it?" Olives voice shook my thoughts away and I blinked at her, my body tense.
"About what?"
"The soulmate dance."
"Which is?"
"It's basically like prom, only you walk around, humming your song and if you find someone humming the same song, y'all will be able to share a dorm and stuff. It's like the best thing that happens, aside from the Run."

"I'm going to regret this, but what's the Run?"
"Basically everyone has a week of freedom, were pretty much released into the woods surrounding the school and we can shift, hunt, chill etcetera without anyones say so."

Sounds like the perfect time to train and make sure my strength is still at its peak.

I shrugged lightly, avoiding Orion's eyes as he stared at me.
"The dance thing honestly seems stupid, you'll find your soulmate when the time is right. My brother always said don't rush the timing, you'll find them when you're meant to find them. As for the Run, I wish I could do that. How often does it happen? When is it?"
"It's the last week of every month, no homework or classes. It's just a chance for us to stretch our muscles outside of the grounds." Orion explained, taking over for Olive.
"Perfect." I mumbled, already planning out a training regimen for when I'm able to go out.

~~~~

I got up the next morning, put on one of my brothers shirts -he won't miss it- a hoodie and ripped jeans before tying my hair back into a ponytail and heading to breakfast, my books in hand.
Olive and Orion were already eating and chatting at a table and -not wanting to be a loner- I went over and sat with them, giving them both a nod of acknowledgement.

"I don't think you told me," Orion started, looking at me while I studied my tattoo, the mark of my status under my brother -not that anyone else would know that.
"But, what type of supernatural are you?"
"Anyone can betray anyone. That information is private until further notice." I growled out, thinking back.

"... What's your first class?" Olive asked, breaking the tension between Orion and I.
"Training." I replied softly, glaring at my stack of books I'd lug around all day because I forgot a smaller bag.
"Us too! This'll be great, it's my favorite class."
"I've always excelled at physical education. It's hard to be excited about it."
"You've never met the professor, he's hard on everyone, especially newbies and kids that are full of it."

"Good thing I'm not." I grinned, the want to be the best burning like a fire inside.
"It's that kind of cockiness that will land you the hardest form of training." Orion chuckled, as if my determination was a joke.
"Trust me, you don't want to get on my bad side."

Especially since my brother can easily end your life should I complain about being bullied......
Don't use Aries just because you're too lazy to deal with your own problems!

I sighed softly and didn't bother replying, tuning into the conversation Orion and Olive were having about the previous jerkwads that couldn't make it through training, getting a feel for what might come.

~~~~

Forty-five minutes later the three of us were walking through the hallways before splitting up before the locker rooms to get ready.

I changed into a black sports bra under a snug, grey tank top and black leggings, keeping my hair back, before marching outside and onto the training field, where dozens of pieces of training equipment were scattered around.
There was three different obstacle courses, probably for each year you come to the school, a large track, a spot with weights littered across the ground and even a metallic circular arena type thing, probably for sparring.

I nodded my head softly, happy that it looks pretty similar to the one at home, while Orion and Olive shook their heads at me.
They lead the way to the coach, who was giving an older guy a lecture about something or other.
"Coach Nikolaus!" Olive called as we drew closer, a bright smile of greeting plastered on her face. I heard the coach sigh as he turned to look at us, his eyes immediately falling on me.
"This is Aries, the new supernatural."
"What is she?"

Olive shrugged and looked at me, as if I would reply.
"That's not important. Let's get this over with I have a brother to call." I informed him, my eyes drifting to the largest obstacle course. I felt his eyes burning into the side of my head as he glared at me.
"Alright, fifty laps around the track, for everybody." Coach Nik yelled, informing everyone of the plan and ignoring the irritated groans from bud students. I on the other hand, grinned, already stretching and preparing to beat these wimps.

"Last one done has to clean the bathrooms with the janitor instead of eating dinner, and I hear it's gonna be a special feast."
The boys all shared a look, probably hatching a plan to cheat, and I rolled my eyes at them.

I'm gonna whoop them so hard they'll be swimming in the Arctic Ocean
Let's do it!

Everyone lined up -there was probably fifty plus kids on the track right now, at least a quarter of which could stand side by side, and that alone should tell you how big it is- and once everyone was in position Nikolaus blew his whistle -a very annoying sound that pierced my ears- and we were off.
At first I was probably in tenth thanks to my sensitive ears -everyone else was used to it- and I decided to chill back here and let everyone tire out. I continued at a jog, everyone else passing by. The boys were laughing from the front, calling back just to irritate me, but I zoned out and decided to call Aries to deal with them later.