Chp 5

(^Angels pic, AKA the real Aries' 'her' friend^)

After everyone was served we talked about basically boring things -I did find out her name; Angel- until Aries brought up the Fight Club topic again.

That man....

"Sparring partner for what?" He asked, happily taking a bite.
"The Fight Club, it's on the south side of town." Angel replied.
"Just keep waking down past the Cannabis store, if you see the hoodlums playing basketball you've gone too far." Orion chipped in, seemingly quoting it from memory.
"The good ol' days." Angel agreed, smiling down at her dish.
"Honestly I was almost surprised you weren't a member when we met." She looked at Aries and I nearly laughed.
"Yeah no, he's part of something much worse." I interrupted semi-jokingly. I mean I wasn't wrong, he was the leader of a gang which is worse than a fight club.

At the end of dinner Angel spoke up, bringing forth a question I doubt anyone had expected;
"So, I think it's safe to assume you brought up supernaturals earlier for a reason." She fixed her gaze on my brother while I choked on my drink, things just got real.
"Spill it already."
You..?" Orion trailed off hopelessly and Aries didn't so much as glance at him, just
watching Angel as she bit the inside of her cheek, only visible if you were really looking.
"Mhm, and then I was like 'why are you a werewolf or something?'"

I wheezed, she laughed a little.
"Although come to think of it, you never answered" Angel wiggled her fingers like a doubting human would.
"Maybe you are a werewolf. In which case I am going to call you Fluffy."
I fell off my chair from laughing so hard. Aries rolled his eyes.
"..." Orion stared at me, trailing off.
"You look like you've just seen a ghost." Angel nudged him. "Lighten up dude. If werewolves were real the world would be incredibly different." She waved her hand dismissively, taking a sip of her drink.

"Butterfly effect and all that."
I clawed my way back up to the table, tears streaming down my face, laughing hysterically as i settled into my seat.
"Angel... There's something you need to know." Orion started gravely after gathering himself very slowly.
Angel burst laughing.
"Oh Orion you're so sweet." I hugged him, causing a spike of fury from Aries. She shot him a look as she pulled away.

"I know about it already, obviously."
"You do?"
"Of course silly. I'm not stupid"
"Wait, so then what are you?" Orion studied her curiously, careful not to look obsessive
with Aries practically baring his fangs already.
"A secret." She winked.
Orion sighed.
"I don't get why everyone is so secretive about their race"
"Specifically the women." Aries corrected.
"I couldn't care less whether or not you know what they are."
"Would you tell me?"
"No"
Orion frowned but sighed.
"Well we should all get going, thanks for hosting Angel." Aries decided,

"Of course." She chirped, glancing at the clock.
Aries practically shoved us out the door and went back inside, I'd assume to help clean up, and I blinked at Orion.
"That was interesting."
"That's one word we could call it...." He mumbled, his mind still reeling from finding out his sparring partners a supernatural.
"Come on, let's get back to the school." I took his arm in mine and led the way back, a small smile on my face.

~~~~

A couple weeks later the soulmate dance was only a week away, Aries was avoiding my phone calls and texts -probably busy hanging out with Angel- and kitty cat refused to let up about me finding the perfect dress for the dance, which I never even wanted to go to in the first place.
Eventually I gave in and went out with kitty cat, naturally Orion tagged along as well, when I realized my brothers car was right in front of me. With a grin I told the two that it would take a bit longer to get to the store and began driving after my brother.

I tailed my brother skillfully, at least I thought so. Kitty cat sat shotgun next to me and Orion
was kicked to the back like a newly adopted puppy that no one really wanted.
"Is he going to notice us?" Kitty asked, thrilled and practically bouncing out of her seat.
"Not if you stop jumping." I snapped. She mumbled an apology and switched to
scrolling through her phone and talking to Orion.
Aries took a left and I followed.
"He's driving to Angel's house." I mused.

"Who's that?" Kitty asked.
"His 'she' friend" Orion answered.
"Although I'm starting to suspect she's much, much more" I added, grinning as he parked in front of the apartment building.
I turned and parked a little ways away before
leading the two towards the apartment. Somehow we got up on the window and I
peeked into the building as Aries knocked.
A lady I didn't recognize, who looked a bit like Kitty, answered the door.

Confusion practically flooded me when her face lit up and she greeted him eagerly.
"I don't understand how someone can be so excited to see him." Orion grumbled. I smirked as I remembered the boy's recent humbling. I hadn't witnessed, but I'm pretty sure my brother had spoken to Orion over the phone.
Before I could reply, I heard someone that made everything else I knew seem useless.
"Angel! Your soulmate's here!!!"

Oh my gosh....... Angel is my brothers soulmate! Ugh I'm so stupid, how couldn't I tell before at dinner!?

I stared as Angel emerged, frowning softly.
"You don't have to announce him like that, you know that right?"
"Of course I do" The woman insisted, followed by an excited squeal that made Orion wince.
"You're all grown up now!!UGHHHH I'm so jealous!!"
With that the woman was dismissed to what I assumed to be her room.
"Everything quiet here recently?" Aries asked after she'd left. Angel nodded.
"How about you?"

"She doesn't suspect anything yet." I raised an eyebrow.

How many girl friends does he have?

"I think it's sweet that you want to do this for your lieutenant. Even if. You know."
I paused.

Wait, I'm his lieutenant. Me?? He's talking
about me???

"What's this guy need a lieutenant for?" Orion mumbled. I tensed slightly, glancing at him.
"Yeah, I'm glad you're helping me out with it. I'm no good with this stuff." Aries sighed irritatedly.
"Don't beat yourself up over it, it's fine, I got you" Angel hugged him a little.
"I called the school, they agreed to it. And I ran into some chicks from the artsy fartsy club the other day and commissioned them for a uh", she grinned, "special surprise."
Aries raised an eyebrow.
"Did it cost you anything"
"Not much, college kids are desperate."

I blinked awkwardly, my mind racing with possibilities before I quickly decided it was time to go. I jammed the car into reverse and got out of there as fast as I could while also seeming normal to anyone watching. We drove to the store in complete silence, kitty glancing at me with a confused look every once in a while.