Chp 8

A/N this one's a bit short I'm sorry. But I promise it's all leading up to my big plan lol so I hope you enjoy

*three months later*
(It's like January)

The past few months have been hectic. Olive's been complaining she hasn't found her mate yet and eventually decided she would have meet-ups with other unmated girls where they'd just hang out and have fun. I pop in when Atlas is busy with friends, which is almost always.
Olive tries to assure me it's just how he's used to living his life so I agreed to give him time to adjust to having a mate while I keep up on training.

Orion's been really closed off, mostly from me, and hardly does anything other than study. He comes by sometimes to play with Oreo and that's about it. Atlas keeps losing whenever we train together, it seems like somethings on his mind that's keeping him from getting any better.
As for myself, well, whenever I'm not in class or asleep I'm training. I've been practicing against coach Nik in basically everything and even he's having a hard time against me.

I decided to take a break and teach Oreo some cool tricks that could possibly be handy in the future when Kitty came over for me.
"Ariesssssss!!!!" Kitty shouted, trotting over.
I laughed as Oreo put the wrong paw on the rope and fell into the sand.
"What's up KitKat?" I asked, glancing at her.
"I wanted to ask if you had plans for the Run."

I shrugged and rubbed Oreo's head.
"Probably hang out with Atlas. It might be the only chance we really get to."
"He's your mate. Just tell him to get his rear in gear and go out with him."
"I don't want to be the controlling girlfriend. Besides, it's not like I really wanted to find my mate anyway." She sighed and rolled her eyes at me before glancing back and muttering;
"Speak of the devil and he shall appear."

I looked over and watched as my mate stride over, a few of his friends tailing him. He gave me a smile as he got closer and I stood up to give him a hug. Oreo growled.
"I thought you were going to be busy with your friends all day." I said questioningly, looking up slightly to look him in the eye.
"Nope," he grinned, popping the 'p'.
"I'm taking you on a date."
"Please tell me I don't have to wear a dress."
"Sorry babe."

He laughed as I pouted before he gave me a kiss on the forehead.
"I'll pick you up at 7 sharp ok?"
"Fine." I sighed, squeezing his hand as he started backing away.
"Go get ready, I'll see you later."
I huffed but nodded and called Oreo to come with, kitty following us as we made our way inside and up to the room I shared with her -I hadn't yet been moved to Atlas' due to a few setbacks on the schools end.

I rummaged through the closet and found the perfect black knee length dress and a jean jacket to go over it. I figured it was the best thing I would find and got to working on my hair.
"Aries... I don't want to seem like a jerk..... but don't you think it's a little weird you guys have been 'together' for three months and he's only just now asking you on the first date?" Kitty asked, watching my reflection in the mirror.

"He's just been busy Olive. I can't blame him. If I weren't at this school I would be the same way, working with my brother." I replied while i curled my hair.
"I know... but three months is a long time... and, well, he doesn't seem genuine. Like at all."
"Just because he's distant doesn't mean he isn't genuine Oli, I understand he has a ton a friends and-"

"That's the problem!" She exploded, causing me to jump and burn my hand.
"He's got a ton of friends and only one mate and he chooses to neglect you. His mate. There's something odd about that guy and you're too blind by love or the matebond or whatever to see it!"

I scowled and put my hand under the faucet, allowing cold water to run over it.
"Maybe you're just angry because I found my mate and you haven't."
"You really think that's what this is? Are you stupid? I'm trying to protect you!"
"You aren't doing a very good job of it then! He's my mate Olive, whether you like it or not."

She glared at me and I felt a twinge of hurt.
"Fine. Good luck on your date Aries. Don't expect me to welcome you back with open arms when he turns out to be a giant disappointment." She stormed out of the room and I stared at the door after she left, a familiar feeling of loneliness creeping in. I shook it off and continued getting ready until I heard a knock on the door and Atlas called;
"Aries, let's go!"

Well, this will be interesting....
Heck yeah it will.

(^Aries date outfit^)