Chp 18

After searching for thirty or so minutes I sighed heavily and plopped down into my fathers chair.
"This is pointless. He probably brought whatever it was with him." I grumbled, setting my head on the desk.
"Peyton, did you hear that?" Aries questioned, stepping closer with a studious gaze.
"No? Am I sitting on a bomb?" I looked under the chair and nearly sighed in relief when I saw there was no bomb.

"I heard-"
He froze as the computer turned on and a recording of my father played.
"I know it's you peytatochip. I always knew you were smart, and I knew eventually you'd come back here. Feel free to keep looking, although I could just tell you the answer to at least one question swirling in your mind right now."
I scowled and glares at my fathers digital face but continued listening.
"Now, I won't promise to tell you everything. A man needs his secrets, plus, I can't have you trying to stop me."
He paused and tapped his chin, as if deciding on what he should share.

"Shortly after you were born your mother left us, taking my first born and I know that may come as a shock to you but that's life. You were my Dragonshifter daughter, and your mother took my werewolf son. We'll talk more on that later. Noel knew what I'd planned on doing with my child if it became know as a dragon shifter. So, when she could smell the ashes and fire rolling off of you as it does for dragon shifters she fled, taking our son with her."
"This is absolutely ridiculous!" I cried, throwing my hands in the air.
"Peyton, just keep watching. We need the information. Plus, I doubt he wants his first born anyway, since he's not a dragon."

I huffed but nodded and went back to glaring at the screen.
"After that I decided I would focus on training you, just like our ancestors. As soon as you were able to talk I began the process required of me for my plan. And you were close. So close." His eyes grew dark.
"But you were too weak, too stupid. I realized that day with my investors that you would never meet the standards I had, but more recently I noticed something. Now, i think I've shared enough to give you what you need to make a fun game, but I'll give you one last piece of the puzzle. Parker."
The screen went dark a second later and I stared at it, my fury building like a -well- dragon. I felt Mocha rising to the surface, my eyes flickering between my own and those of my dragons as I fought for control before she burned the entire building down.

"Peyton!" I blinked back into reality and looked at Aries.
"Let's get out of here." I mumbled, pushing myself up and forcing myself to walk outside.
As we exited the house kitty and Orion looked over, hopeful expressions on their faces.
"Did you find anything?" Kitty asked, looking from me, to Aries and then back.
"Just a stupid video. He didn't leave a paper trail anywhere and the video wasn't much help." Aries informed her, allowing me to take the lead and cool down.
"Aries can you lead them back to the school? Or at least to Angels? I need to cool off." I glanced back at him to see him nod before I trotted away in a different direction, Mocha itching to stretch her wings.
After jogging for a while I stopped and kicked a tree, my thoughts running rampant.

Shift!

I sighed heavily and rolled my shoulders, debating on whether or not I should give in. I doubt anyone would be around but that wasn't really the problem. I'd never been so angry that I nearly lost control of my fire.

Please Peyton? I promise I won't do anything stupid, just fly around for a while and cool off
You better be very careful alright? Well that is if I decide to let you hunt

I smiled as she practically started whining for me to let her have her freedom. Eventually I gave in, relishing in the familiar feeling of my bones reforming themselves as I shifted into my dragon form. Warmth zipped through my body as I grew in size, like electricity sizzling for a light.
Seconds after it started I was finished and in my place stood a fifteen foot tall brown dragon who was way to eager to be out.

Mocha pumped our large, leathery wings and shot into the air, high above the clouds to be better hidden as she went through loops and twists, being the way a young dragon should be.
I let her be herself as she flew high in the sky or hunted for lunch, this being her way of blowing off steam before she gave me control and I landed beside a hidden lake. I shifted back after taking a long drink and laid down beside the water, my mind finally at ease.

I closed my eyes and listened to the birds chirping for a while when a loud gunshot resonated around the woods, followed by a snarl and more gunshots. I scrambled to my feet and shifted, flying low enough to scour the woods for anything suspicious.

I hope the others are ok...
I'm sure they're fine, Aries is with them.

I sighed softly and shifted back mid air, climbing down the nearest tree rather than falling to the forest floor. The snarling had gotten louder so I knew I was close, I took off at a sprint only to find Aries and Olive in their animal forms, fighting some men, while Orion was lying on the ground, barely moving.
My eyes widened to the size of saucers and I stumbled over, shock leaving a bad taste in my mouth as I studied him. He had two bullet holes, one in his shoulder and the other barely missed his heart. I snarled, body shaking, as I stood to my feet, glaring sharply with glowing eyes at the men Aries and Olive were fighting off.

 I snarled, body shaking, as I stood to my feet, glaring sharply with glowing eyes at the men Aries and Olive were fighting off

Peyton's dragon above, although she's a dark brown and doesn't have feathers lol